PDA

View Full Version : Secondary or Second Primary?

Cheryl D
07-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Having finished 6 x Taxotere and Carboplatin 17/11/11 and nearly all Herceptin, two rounds to go when
upon regular mammogram and U/Sound when 2 lumps are detected in other breast and they are not cysts or fibroadenomas.
Guided biopsy performed yesterday and waiting for results.
Has the surgical team confused and myself as well.
I mean it can't be Her-2 so it must be Triple Neg or Hormone + if it is cancerous.
I watched the biopsy and the pics from the scan look like the larger 14mm x 10mm is cancerous but the smaller one 6mm x4 mm does not.
I'm slightly pissed off and confused to say the least and am very impatient on the results but I know they have to take time as this is a hard study for them.
I really don't have the time and energy to start again.
Anyone else with similar?
Cheryl

Ellie F
07-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi Cheryl
Sorry to hear you are having to deal with this worry again. Try to hang on till the results are back then you will have a clear idea of what you're dealing with.
I wondered why you thought the new lumps couldn't be her 2 positive?
Ellie

'lizbeth
07-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Hello Cheryl,

I had 3 primary lesions in the right breast, of which 2 were not found on the original mammogram, but on the MRI 6 weeks later - still prior to my mastectomy.

I will be praying that you have some strange benign areas and that you are not going to be subjected to further treatment to regain your health.

I will be eager to hear the results. Best wishes!

Cheryl D
07-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi Ellie, medical team is thinking that with 16 rounds of Herceptin already it couldn't be Her-2.
They weren't there on my previous u/sounds or mammograms so they must have developed in the months after my Taxotere and Carboplatin finished.

Mandamoo
07-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi Cheryl - I hope that you don't have too long to wait for your results. There have been stories on here of people getting different cancers even in the same breast. I know my story is unusual but I had growth of cancer while on chemo for early breast cancer including Herceptin - it does happen sometimes. Some of us are not a responsive to the perception drug.
I hope you get an answer and a plan soon - thinking of you. I see you are in Melbourne like me - where do you get your treatment?
Amanda x

Cheryl D
07-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi Amanda, was at the Austin and now I am going to the ONJ Wellness Cancer Centre at the Austin.
I always thought I would get it again, dont know why but I just did but didn't think it would be while having treatment, lol

Pray
07-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Cheryl, Hope and pray all goes well!