PDA

View Full Version : All clear after neoadjuvant treatment

dearjilly
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Hello, I just wanted to share some good news. I had neoadjuvant treatment and after my mastectomy and 11 lymph nodes removed, I have no sign a cancer! The chemo worked!
I had numerous tumors with the biggest at 7cm. Diagnosed with stage 3a.
Now to wait for the CT and MRI to come back clear. Fingers crossed!
Jill

Ellie F
07-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Congratulation Jill,so pleased to hear the chemo has done the job so well. Did you notice the shrinkage after AC or later after the paclitaxol and herceptin?

Ellie

dearjilly
07-03-2012, 09:14 AM
O Hi Ellie. I can't even answer that because I was breastfeeding when I was diagnosed, so they were shrinking because I stopped feeding. My oncologist said she notice a difference during AC. I've always questioned that, but I guess she was right after all.

tricia keegan
07-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Wonderful news Jill!

'lizbeth
07-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Jill,

Your little ones are adorable!

So happy you are currently cancer free. Wishing you continued good health!

Ellie F
07-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi Jill
Didn't realise you were diagnosed whilst breast feeding.i know there are others here that have been diagnosed at this time and are doing well.
Your two little ones are lovely and it must have been an even harder journey through chemo and surgery while trying to still be a mum with all the demands of small children.
Keeping my fingers crossed for good ct and MRI scans.
Ellie

KaiM
07-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Wonderful news Jill! I too was diagnosed while breast feeding my second child, he was just three months old at the time. I know the difficulties of going through cancer while caring for a baby and toddler. Wishing you all the best during this difficult time.

Pray
07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Jill, How wonderful your ned! Gods blessings to you and all of the young mothers! I can't even imagine how tough it must have been for all of you! Peace