PDA

View Full Version : Taxotere, carboplatin are done...

carlatte7
07-02-2012, 02:14 PM
I have not been an active poster on here, but i just want to thank you all for all the info, virtual hugs, prayers, courage, and love shown here. This is the first place i check every am, andits gotten me hrough some scary times. Thankyou. Now for the good news...my last t/c (#4) was today after having a "complete response" to that plus herceptin. I don't know howi have been so lucky. Waiting on a callfrom the surgeon for lumpectomy date, then radiation after that. Thank you all again, and keep on. You are all awesome. -Carla

karen z
07-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Carla,
Thanks for the good news !
Stay strong- it should get easier now.

carlatte7
07-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I understand the clean margins, but if there was DCIS before the IDC, how do we know theres not DCIS lurking some other place in my dense, calcified breast? I havent had terrible SE, so guess i have to find something to obcess about :)

Pray
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
How wonderfull for you! Gods blessings to you and your family!

tricia keegan
07-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Carla I can't answer your question but congrats on finishing chemo which is a huge accomplishment!:)

'lizbeth
07-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Carlatte,

Congratulations on getting through treatment.

You have a tendency to stress about things - like I do. You should consider doing a vaccine clinical trial after you finish Herceptin. You need to enroll within 3 to 6 months depending on which trial.

I have similar problems with imaging - we are stuck doing the self exams and being vigilant for changes in the breast.

I know I must drive my medical team nuts, but if I ever have a recurrence I want it found sooner rather than later.

Statistics are in our favor, especially the longer you are NED, so as time goes by the chance of recurring drops.

Eat your veggies, drink clean water, exercise and find ways to relax.

Most of all - enjoy being cancer free!

carlatte7
07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes! I am an RN who runs over, backs up and runs over again all obstacles in my way...'til meeting cancer. I've had so much love and support that i'm looking forward to paying it forward!

KsGal
07-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Congrats on finishing up, and a total response!!! ((hugs)) :)

NEDenise
07-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Congratulations Carla!
Your desire to "pay it forward" says so much about the person you are! I hope you have many, many, many years to fulfill that desire!
All the best as you enter the next phase of your journey,
Denise

Vicki revised
07-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Congrats on the complete response!! TCH was really rough for me, but so worthwhile-- I too had big success and went from stage 4 with liver mets to NED/remission with it. I can relate to both your feeling euphoric and uncertain about what's next. Celebrate your miracle!