PDA

View Full Version : want info on cost

pibikay
07-02-2012, 02:44 AM
We met the Onc today.He said that roche has rejected the trial request as Hema has had a WBR.I was just thinking if I can ask my children in the US to get and send tdm-1.What is the cist of a dosage.Please let me know
The Onc said he had made another representation and that it will be difficult to change their first view
To end he said the PET report confirmed the xeloda/tykerb treatment being effective

Becky
07-02-2012, 04:42 AM
It is my understanding that TDM-1 cannot be purchased because it is not FDA approved here in the United States. Even here, it can only be obtained in a clinical trial.

pibikay
07-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks Becky.I read somewhere that FDA had cleared it.If my memory is correct I saw a thread in our forum also

Becky
07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Pertuzamab has just been FDA authorized (sold under the brandname Perjeta) but not TDM-1

KDR
07-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Pibikay,

I copied Joan's post on how to contact Genentech. Here it is:
For any patients, caregivers or doctors who are looking for available trials for T-DM1 or Pertuzumab, please call Genentech’s Trial Information Support Line at 888-662-6728.
The call line is staffed by trained nurses who can discuss available Genentech trials.
Joan

If you are looking specifically for Perjeta, go to PerjetaAccessSolutions.com.
I hope someone, somewhere in this mix will be able to help you.
Best of luck, as always,
Karen

Rolepaul
07-03-2012, 01:13 PM
If you are trying to address brain lesions, TDM-1 is not the drug. It will work in spots other than the spine and brain. There is some indications that Navelbine and Herceptin in an IV pairing (Her first, flush Naelbine, flush) might work almost as well.