PDA

View Full Version : CT scan next week! :*(

emmastarr
06-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi all,
I have been breathless lately (not everyday, it comes and goes) so was sent for a chest xray which my oncologist said was fine when I saw him 2 weeks ago. My iron level is 12.4. Any ideas what could be causing this breathlessness? Also, am suffering with fatigue- I am quite busy with my two boys but I only work 2 1/2 days per week and by the end of the day, I am struggling and consequently on weekends am napping quite frequently. I had a letter come through for a chest CT and liver CT contrast late last week. Any ideas why I might be getting a chest CT when the chest xray came back fine?
I am getting my nipple reconstruction tomorrow...am a bit nervous, if truth be told!
Thanks in advance for your knowledge,
Emma

Vicki revised
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
How is your platelet count? Whenever mine is low (I'm borderline now) I have shortness of breath and fatigue.

tricia keegan
06-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I imagine the CT will show more than the x ray but wanted to wish you luck and hope its nothing to worry about!

KDR
06-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Stress! Anxiety!
Good luck on the scans, I have them Wednesday. It's got to be the most challenging part of this journey...
Karen

emmastarr
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi.
I finally got the CT scan results back today, and it has come back all clear. I am so relieved. The only thing that the scan picked up was an enlarged uterus, not sure what if anything they are going to do about this. Is an enlarged uterus a problem? Have no idea about these things! The tamoxifen has been causing me to have heavy bleeding for which I have been given tranexamic acid which has helped a lot. Have any of you girls had experience of the above and have you received any treatment? So, am not sure what is causing the breathlessness, maybe the tamoxifen?? My iron is apparently low, normal. Thanks