PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a local reaccurance after a lump?

roz123
06-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Hi all

I am currently in the process of scheduling my bmsx. It will be some time in september. I finished rads back in March. Just a little background; I did neo chemo, lump and rads. I didn't do the msx right away b/c at my hospital here in canada they will not do reconstruction if you are having rads. I was told i had to have rads b/c of LVI. I struggled with this decision aswell since i know having rads for LVI (no positive nodes) is also controversial. I had a complete response to chemo at the time of surgery. The rad onc only gave me 25 full breast rads and no boosts b/c i was doing the msx

so now i am feeling like a ticking time bomb b/c i did not have the boosts and to add to this I just recently had an ultrasound that showed a "2.3cm ill-defined mass" in the bad boob. I am going for further imaging but the BS believes it is post surgical changes and is not worried about it

so my question is how many have had a local reaccurance AFTER lumpectomy? jackie, i know you are one. And if yes, how soon after did the reaccurance show up?

Joan M
06-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Local recurrence after a lumpectomy is very common. More than you could imagine.

Glad to hear that you had a complete response to neoadjuvant therapy, and I'm hoping that the ill-defined mass turns out to be nothing.

Joan

roz123
06-13-2012, 03:01 PM
thanks Joan
i am fairly confident since i had pcr to neo that the mass is post surgical changes but you never know w this cancer crap