PDA

View Full Version : Courtney's Celebration of Life!

radiant
06-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Just wanted to share that Courtney's Celebration of
Life event was today, and it was magnificent!!!

There were hundreds of people there /
at Wente Winery in Livermore, Ca.

The weather was incredible and her family
made AMAZING videos showing her
incredible life! It was phenomenal - we
got to see Courtney riding a camel watching
her say, "Even I can't believe I'm riding
a camel to the Pyramids" - as the scene
then shows the Pyramids in Egypt. There
were MANY wonderful clips like that.

Another memorable clip was Courtney and
Jay riding a pink Cadillac into their 5 year
wedding reception being greeted by an
Elvis Impersonator! You get the picture.

I was able to say a few words and shared with
everyone that there are many more Courtney
fans online from her Her2 community that
were also SO glad to have crossed paths
with Courtney.

It was truly a fantastic day!

Hugs,

Kim

DeenaH
06-10-2012, 08:16 AM
I was there too. It truly was an amazing day, and you could feel the love everyone had for Courtney.

Kim - I don't know about you, but I cried more than my 10% quota. She was just such a light in the world, and for this disease to have taken her (and so many others) makes me so mad!

KDR
06-10-2012, 08:46 AM
http://vimeo.com/43627623

Here's her celebration video. Courtney was such an inspiration. Chrisy used to call her Fighter Girl, and that she was.

Also, I plan to make a donation in her honor to the foundation that she set up for research into the environmental causes of breast cancer.

Kim, speak soon. Glad you were able to attend.

Always,
Karen

Paty
06-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Thank you girls for being there and for posting the magnificent video of Courtney's life. She keeps being our inspiration. Love to you.

ElaineM
06-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Karen,
Do you have the contact information for the foundation Courtney set up? I believe the environment contributes to her2 breast cancer and would like to know more about it.

KDR
06-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Courtney's Foundation:

http://www.courtneysfund.com/

Karen

lkc Gumby
06-10-2012, 03:35 PM
I smiled throught the tears watching this. Courtney was such a special little girl. The world has lost a bright light when she passed. I mourn for Jay and her family.

chrisy
06-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I smiled...and cried. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful person.

yanyan
06-10-2012, 07:32 PM
A beautiful life Courtney lived With hope, courage, grace and love ! Thank you Courtney for being an inspiration!

ElaineM
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the link Karen.

LoisLane
06-11-2012, 11:33 AM
I watched the video yesterday and it kept me smiling through it's entirety. That is how Courtney approached life she wanted to take in as much as this world is offered to us. It is so inspirational to see how much she and Jay did. We all need to learn from this beautiful young woman. Reach out and grasp life and feel and experience as much as we are able to cancer or no cancer. Love to that wonderful familyxxoo

caya
06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
What a beautiful tribute to beautiful Courtney...
Another reminder why we need to find the cure.. and quickly.

all the best
caya

Joan M
06-11-2012, 06:05 PM
The tribute is wonderful. I was very glad to have met Courtney and her mother last year.

Joan

Sheila
06-12-2012, 05:59 PM
What an amazing tribute to such an amazing warrior....she packed a lot of memories into her short life.....what joy she must have brought to all who met her in person....she was always so positive and bubbly....missing our dear Courtney

Pray
06-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Beautiful.

Cheryl D
06-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Speechless.