PDA

View Full Version : Retesting ER status

DeenaH
04-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I am going to have my most recent tumor (from my lung) retested for ER status. I have heard that false negative results are as high as 20%. There is new technology that tests for ER status with quantitative accuracy. This is call AQUA technology, and the testing can be done with 5 unstained slides of tumor or 1 tumor block. The best part is that Genoptix who does that testing has a "patient first" policy so that the patient never pays out of pocket more than their "in netowork" copay/coinsurance for the test.

I plan to get the ball rolling for mine next week.

Below is a link about the testing. I just thought I would share. I know it is a long shot, but imagine if those of us who tested ER- were to all of a sudden be able to use drugs like Tomoxifin or AI's??

http://www.genoptix.com/nexcourse_bca.html

Jackie07
04-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Good for you.

I do remember reading about one member's report that her met sample was showing a different feature from the original biopsy.

Rich66
04-22-2012, 09:38 PM
imagine if those of us who tested ER- were to all of a sudden be able to use drugs like Tomoxifin or AI's??Seems worth the investigation. good to know there are increasing options in testing for ER. In addition to varying results within a given tumor, there is the ongoing and disturbing issue of delayed fixation to slides influencing said results..but ya do what ya can.