PDA

View Full Version : Tiptoe

suzan w
04-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Tiptoe has spent a wonderful winter in naples, FL. Meeting many cancer survivors on the beach!!! She is ready to pack it in and move on...any takers???

Jackie07
04-20-2012, 08:18 PM
In case some of the members don't know who Tiptoe is:

Lani
04-20-2012, 10:04 PM
I think I started all this years ago when I mentioned how gratitude should surely be shown to those Chinese hamsters who "parted" with their ovaries in order to make herceptin (the monoclonal antibody used to make perception is 99% "humanized" and 1% from Chinese hamster ovary.

The rest is history and tiptoe lives on and travels widely among the her2+ cognoscenti !!

suzan w
04-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Thank you for the visual and scientific reminders of what our little "Tiptoe" represents!!! She wants to know who would like to b her next caregiver and adventure guide!!! Ready to pull out of Florida in the next week or so...

ElaineM
04-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Maybe Tiptoe needs a vacation from all those adventures, so she can lay back and have a relaxing summer or she just loves your hospitality she can't bare to leave you.

Patb
04-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Where are you in Naples, I am leaving Naples next
Week to KY Derby, perhaps Tiptoe could go see horses
this summer. patb

Laurel
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I must say Tiptoe looks smashing in her festive Autumnal display!

StephN
04-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Tiptoe is our Chinese Hamster HER2 mascot.

She has traveled from Canada to more than a dozen of the Lower 48. Tiptoe has been there for births of Lauren's children, seen the beaches from Santa Cruz to Long Island and may be ready to take that trip abroad that was dreamed of a few years back.

She has wonderful karma and has been loved by many a child and grandchild.

I vote for getting her to PatB for the Derby!

Laurel
04-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Yes, Steph, I agree! Tiptoe should go to the derby and be the hit of the day! Paty, you'll have to find her a nice hat for the occasion. One cannot go to the derby without a new hat! She'll have to have her first Mint Julep!

For those from the far corners of the earth who may not know what the Kentucky Derby is nor its traditions of Mint Juleps and bonnets:

The Kentucky Derby is one our "Triple Crown" horse races, lasts aprox. 2 mins and is a huge deal, especially in Kentucky and the horse racing world.

At the Derby ladies dress in their finest "Sunday Best" and sport large, shady hats. The gents dress elegantly as well.

A mint julep is a southern drink that is customarily sipped at the derby. By definition it is a drink consisting of a liquor (as bourbon or brandy) and sugar poured over crushed ice and garnished with mint. My bet is Tiptoe will have a grand old time and should splurge on calories and sugar for the day!

Sheila
04-30-2012, 09:59 AM
TipToe was at my house in the fall themed picture...she has visited me 3 times now at least....hoping she will do us proud at the derby!!!

suzan w
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Tiptoe (and I) are waiting to hear from patb and it's off to the Derby!!! Tiptoe even has her own HORSE that she got here in Naples!!!

Patb
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi all
Suzan brought Tiptoe to my home on Wednesday
and she had a small horse and sunglasses with her. We are off to the Derby in Louisville Ky. I do hope they make small hats for her little head. We haven't decided
who she will bet on yet.

patb

chrisy
05-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Better keep a close eye on tiptoe around those mint juleps...she's a notorious lush!

suzan w
05-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Have fun at the Derby, Pat and Tiptoe...it was wonderful to meet you, Pat!! See you in the fall back in Naples!!! ps. Tiptoe...bet on the winner!!!

dchips1
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Has she been to Arizona Yet? I am in Mesa, and we are going up north for most of the Month of July. My 12 year old son would love to photograph her riding the quad, kayaking, fishing, walking the dog and watching God's nighttime stars and the Daytime rainbows from the monsoons.

If you go to the Derby, then you have to take her to the Louisville slugger factory and museum, ride the steamboat. Then head over to Southern Indiana To Starlight and eat at Joe Huber's Restaurant farm and winery. (I grew up in southern Indiana).

Take care and Have fun
Darita
2 more weeks for Follow up Mri from to see if rads killed the spine mets