PDA

View Full Version : 7 yrs...

Jean
04-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Hello my dear Her2 sisters,
I celebrated my 7th cancerversary a few days ago It seems like dozens of years have passed since that awful day. Much has changed in my life since dx and treatment. For the better I must admit. Never thought in the early days of dx. and the first 2 yrs. I would feel good again. I was wrong as I feel great - for so many reasons.

This site for one, it saved me - the site gave me the information and support I needed when the going was tough. The shared information was priceless.

I have to admit with the recent passing of dear Courtney I did not want to post. I was so sad and angry at the disease again that I needed a few days to settle down.

I want to thank all for being such a wonderful, inspiring & loving group (better than family at times). My promise is to remain on the site and offer support to all who need it.

Special love and thanks to my dear sweet Becky...your humor, keen mind and clear thinking is a gift that you have shared and I have thrived on. Love you from the depths of my heart.

Shiela - you are women hear me roar!!! You continue to amaze me.
Your kindness and strength are equal...

Lani - You remind me of lightening - Thank you for all you do for us.

Brenda - Beautiful wise lady and you don't take crap from anyone!

Steph - Steady and dependable - you offer so much calm in a storm.

Chrisy - Another special lady who finds new roads and is not afraid to travel them. Always sharing positive vibes.

Jackie 07 - Thank you for keeping score and your value packed links.

Rich - Hmmm our resident Einestein - thank you.

Harrie - My dear sweet friend - from the Pacific side.

Joan M - Keeping most of us balanced and sane.

What a ride I have enjoyed with all my her2 family - my heartfelt thank you to each one- My greatest wish for us is a cure - yesterday.
To the newer members - know you are cared for and loved here.

Warmest Wishes to all,
Jean

Jackie07
04-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Congratulations!

We want to thank you, too - for your dedication to the band of 'sisters' (and a few brothers :) ...

michka
04-17-2012, 11:11 PM
What a nice post Jean! 7 years! So many many more to come... and I am happy you feel great. It is important for our new sisters to read your story.
I feel the same about our site and group. I also want to thank the same "support and knowledge Gang". Each one of them helped me keep my head out of the water when I needed it.
Merci Jean.
Michka

Ellie F
04-18-2012, 03:58 AM
That was so lovely to read. Thank you for continuing to post and offer support.
I totally understand how you feel after Courtneys passing as I to feel so angry and frustrated with this disease.
Ellie

Becky
04-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Congratulations Jean on this milestone. What a ride it has been but not all of it was scary because of you, family and our Her2 Family.

You are one beautiful lady!

schoolteacher
04-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Jean,

You know you are one of my heroes. Congratulations on seven years. You were one of the first people to reach out to me on a cold, dreary, February day in 2008.

Amelia

caya
04-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Happy 7th Cancerversary Jean! May you celebrate many more.

all the best
caya

ElaineM
04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Congratulations on a job well done.

Ceesun
04-18-2012, 10:35 AM
This is good news and I am glad you let us share it with you.............CONGRATS! Ceesun

Joan M
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Jean, Congratulations!! And I would agree that this site saved me. It let me know that there is a whole community of HER2+ survivors, including you. Cheers for many more anniversaries!! Joan

Mary Jo
04-19-2012, 04:03 AM
Congratulations Jean. I'm happy for you.

Mary Jo

Sheila
04-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Jean....so happy you are joining the 7 year club....It ranks right up there with the 7 mile club!

Like you, this site has been my shoulder, my dictionary, my blanket, my Dr., my experience...and we can all come here anytime and find encoutagement and unwavering support.

I feel blessed to have met you in person....thank you for always lending support to me and to others....

Cant wait for your 10 year club post, and 20, 25.....

snolan
04-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Congratulations on 7 years. Your post does help us that are still under that 2 yr umbrella, still worried and scared. The more we hear of long term survivors the more it helps us all. Here's to decades more of good health.

sassy
04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
YEA Jean!!!!! Many more years to come!

suzan w
04-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Congrats, Jean!!! Lucky 7!!! I am coming up right behind you and echo everything you said.

KDR
04-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Yay, Jean, many more years will come and go, come and go (my favorite saying of late)...
Karen

Jean
04-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Susan 7 is a good number...you join in and then we go for 8, 9, 10, etc.

Thank you all - could not have done it without all of you.

Sending hugs,
Jean

karen z
04-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Jean,
Many congratulations and best wishes to you.
Karen Z

Laurel
04-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Jean,

7 is the number of completion, so I guess this will just have to mean you are finished with BC! Glad to hear you are sticking around for the long haul. It was rough loosing Courtney. I am taking that hard, too.

Best Always!

adelay
04-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Congratulations on your seven year mark...makes my heart smile!

Pray
04-24-2012, 12:08 AM
How wonderful for you!

tricia keegan
04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Congratulations Jean and I'm so pleased for you!:)