PDA

View Full Version : Courtney - In your memory

StephN
04-16-2012, 03:57 PM
During the months that Courtney was coming to Seattle to participate in one of the vaccine trials, I had the pleasure of meeting her several times at the U of W Medical Center.

Met her husband Jay as well. What a wonderful couple they made. It was easy to see how goo goo eyed Jay was over his wife!

We had a chance to talk about so many of life's blessings, but the idea of failure or giving up was never in the conversation with Courtney. She was taking the whole bout with cancer on the chin, and was ever hopeful of staying a step ahead of the cancer cells.

That was my most fervent wish for her - to stay a step ahead until something truly effective would be available for her.

There are many moving posts here since the announcement of her passing. I felt like commemmorating a happy day I spent with Courtney when she was doing well and had so much energy for life.

Photo taken mid-January of 2011.

KristinSchwick
04-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Thank you Steph.

KDR
04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for posting this, Steph. You will surely treasure the photograph even more so now.
Karen

Laurel
04-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Steph, I never met Courtney, but certainly wish I had! I have met you, my friend, and wanted to say that I love the picture!

dawny
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Thank you Steph
Dawn

Ceesun
04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Looking good Steph, really good. Thx Ceesun

Pray
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Thank you Steph! You both look the picture of good health. What a gift it must have been for both of you to meet. Peace.

Bunty
04-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Steph, how wonderful that you got to meet and spend time with such an amazing person. What an inspiration Courtney has been to so many of us, and such a loss.

Paty
04-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Steph,
Beautiful picture!! A memory for ever.

schoolteacher
04-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the picture, Stephanie. Courtney looks so happy. Constance and she are the same age.

Amelia

Mary Anne in TX
04-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Simple moments that become such treasures.

bejuce
04-17-2012, 09:59 AM
What a great picture of you two, Steph! Thanks for posting it. This weekend was very tough for us young survivors in the Bay Area as two of our support group members passed away and another became metastatic after 6 years out from diagnosis.

After being really sad and angry at all this, I decided that we need to honor Courtney and the others by thinking how inspiring they all were in handling their disease with so much grace and optimism. Courtney in particular had so many adventures and was always ready to fight with a smile no matter the circumstances.

My husband and I are training for our first century bike ride (100 miles) with the Team in Training (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society) and I'll think of Courtney and the others with every mile. I now feel a heavy responsibility and duty of the living to live life to the fullest extent possible with everything I do. I biked 58.2 miles this Saturday, something that I never thought possible. I'm hungry for more, to honor those that can't be here with us anymore. Courtney was one of my heroes and I'll do my best to honor her by living life like she would.

Thank you all for making this wonderful support community for all of us.

May we have strength and Courtney's spirit guiding us in our fight.

Marcia

ElaineM
04-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for sharing happy memories of Courtney. What a lovely picture !!

tricia keegan
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Beautiful picture of you both Steph, I've been unable to log in of late as my laptop was broken and was so sad to read this news on Courtney:( x