PDA

View Full Version : Another bump in the road

twosenuf99
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Just a quick update..

Found a lump in my right "breast" 3 weeks ago. Still have expanders in and was about to start radiation this week. Doctor felt the lump and we did an ultrasound. She felt it needed to be biopsied so we did a needle biopsy today. They feel it is just a fat necrosis cyst from the mastectomy but after the biopsy i began to leak clear fluid from the site. Had to make an emergency appointment and apparently the dr doing the biopsy nicked my expander and it is now leaking inside my chest.. I see the ps tomorrow to figure out what we are going to do. If it is still leaking in the am they are taking it out and replacing it with a new expander.. If it seems to have stopped leaking they want to leave it and start radiation and hope it does not begin leaking later, since they can not do surgery on radiated skin..

Has anyone ran into this problem before???

Hope everyone is doing well..
Thanks for listening..
Tracy

NEDenise
03-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Tracy,
Sheesh! Isn't it time for you to catch a break and have something be easy?! You poor thing!
A needle biopsy is no great treat to begin with...but this must be such a nuisance for you!
I hope everything works out quickly and easily, so you can get your radiation started and start feeling like the old you again!
Hope the kids are doing well!
Denise

yanyan
03-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I hope everything will be ok for you Tracy! I am going through the same thing. Ultrasound didn't find anything but surgeon insisted on exsional biopsy yesterday. I am waiting for the path report. I also have expanders so he didn't want to do a punch biop in office in case of infection. So I had to be knocked out for an hour for them to do that. I figured even it is recurrence at least is local. It might get me another treatment that enventually prevents distant mets. Of course I freaked out at first. It lasted for 2 days.
As for the leaking, my non cancer side leaked. It didn't go flat completely. I think it will stop at some point. The leaking side feels very soft and natural. I think the concern is that whether the leaking will affect mapping. You may wanna let your radiologist know.

twosenuf99
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey Denise
Thanks for the kind words. Biopsy claims its a fat necrosis. Have not had anymore leaking since last Tuesday but we think the expander may have shifted a bit. I will find out when I go for more rads pics and tats on Wednesday. Hope you are doing well. Let me know.

Tracy

twosenuf99
03-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Yanyan
So sorry you are going through this undesirable adventure also. Hope your biopsy is good news. We are both strong people and I know we will get through this no matter what obstacle we have to jump over. Hang in there and keep me posted on your journey.
Tracy

Pray
03-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Here's hoping everything goes well for you both Yanyan and Tracy, I'll be praying for you!

Denise do let us know how you are doing as well!