PDA

View Full Version : Fdg pet

mmoons
03-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Hi friends,

I am blessed and happy to say that because I am so flipping busy at work that I have not been thinking much about all my aches and pains (sounds crazy but I LOVE my job). However, my sternum has been so sore.
I mentioned it in my 6 month check up and my fastidious oncologist ordered a bone scan. Scan came back with “uptake at ribs 8,9 and 11”.

So she ordered a “FDG PET”. Anyone know what that is? Same as a regular PET CT?

I am sure it is fine. My spidey senses are not tingling. :)

Hugs to all of you,
Maureen

Sheila
03-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Maureen....I am waiting for my radiation Rex and in walks the guy who does the pet scans here...he said the fog has to do with the contrast injection,,,something about dextrose...so is a usual PET scan....by the way, a few ofmusnhave had rib things or hot ots show on bone scans...we had fractured ribs....we are a tough bunch...I was one of them, and no I did not get in a fight or accident....I coughed or sneezed! hint it is nothing...sending prayers and positive thoughts...

Jackie07
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Below is an old thread where many have shared their experience/knowlege about Fdg Pet:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44201&highlight=FDG+PET

Pray
03-21-2012, 05:15 AM
Maureen, You are always in my prayers. I am praying all will go well. Take care my friend. Please keep us posted.