PDA

View Full Version : worrisome update

pibikay
01-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Hello
Hema had her check up yesterday, ultrasound,chest PA X-Ray and MRI scan for the brain which wasadvised after the pET scan in June 2011.
First the good part.The chest xray finding normal study.The ultra siund report says one module is residual metastatis
Now the worrisome part and I want feedback from sisters who have had the esperience.The MRI scan shows that the lesion has incresed in size and is affecting the left ventriqular(?) nerve,The onc has advised radiation for the brain lesion.I am worried about that.The radiation is supposed to be for ten days continuously. The Onc refered Hema to a Radiologist Oncologist and the appointment is at 11 tomorrow.Hema's main problems now are haziness in the eyes glare and difficulty in reading.I am awaiting guidance from sisters with similar experience.
All the best

KDR
01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
PBK and Hema,
I do not have experience with this, but so many here do and have had very good results. I am so sorry that Hema has to undergo more tests and procedures, but I send my thoughts and warmest regards to you both.
Happy New Year, may it be one of recovery and health,
Karen

Joan M
01-31-2012, 06:31 PM
PBK,

I'm sorry to hear about your and Hema's new worry. Please let her know that she is in my thoughts and I'm praying for her recovery.

Depending on the size of the nodule, the radiation oncologist may be able to administer only one dosage of targeted radiation to the tumor, and therefore avoid whole brain radiation if there are not a lot of tumors large and small scattered about. My brain tumor was considered average sized at 2.6 cm, and both a radiologist and surgeon recommended surgery to remove the tumor and then 5 dosages of targeted radiation (in my case IMRT) to the area only where the tumor had been.

Joan

pibikay
02-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks KDR and Joan.Yesterday we had a session with the radiation oncologist.After discussing 3 options he recomended 3D-CRT radiation spread over 4 weekly sessions of 5 sessions a week,This he says will help them to monitor and control side effects
Thanks

Pray
02-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Hoping all will go well Hema and PBK. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Ceesun
02-02-2012, 09:10 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Ceesun

tricia keegan
02-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Sending my good wishes too!

schoolteacher
02-06-2012, 07:37 AM
PBK and Hema,
Thinking of both of you. Hope you had a good weekend.
Amelia

NEDenise
02-09-2012, 07:27 AM
PBK and Hema,
Thinking of you both, and praying for an easy time with this treatment. So glad you have each other! Your love is evident in every post!
All the best to you both!
Denise