PDA

View Full Version : exciting article

Jean
01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/240376.php

suzan w
01-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Thanks for posting this, Jean! All great news!

karen z
01-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Yes, very exciting.
karen

MJo
01-23-2012, 09:37 AM
It is great news. But we coulda told them that. Science moves slowly. I'm also interested in the Jefferson trials of intravenous vitamin c for pancreatic cancer patients with tumors. I read that the high dose C infusions have also worked on breast cancer tumors.

KDR
01-23-2012, 01:19 PM
MJo,
I asked my onco about the Vitamin C infusions (which are now in Phase II study at U of Kansas). She was not interested in it at all, and I felt a bit deflated that the Herceptin/Vitamin C explosion of cancer cells wouldn't work for me, especially after hearing from a user firsthand. Onco does think it is a great thing, however, that the philosophy continues to be studied.
Karen

Rich66
01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Seems weird to me that on the one hand, the ultimate test of a drug or combination is in advanced and/or pretreated patients..yet when something succeeds there, they insist on waiting on huge trials before approving for earlier use. I may have missed it..but I can't recall a treatment that benefitted stage IV that wound up not helping adjuvant.

tricia keegan
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Mjo, my friend decided to have vit c infusions when first dx in '05 (rather than chemo) and sadly recurred as stage iv with bone and liver mets last year but is doing well now and still in chemo!
Thanks for the article Jean, very intersting.