PDA

View Full Version : Courtneys latest Caringbridge message

dawny
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Resting
Hey team – its Courtney again. Just a quick note to let you know that all is going okay here. I continue to receive radiation treatments on an almost daily basis and the main side effect from this seems to be fatigue. This is primarily why your voicemails, emails, letters, and thoughtful packages have all gone unacknowledged. Not because we aw ungrateful, but because we (at least me) are so fatigued these days. I hope you will all understand and know that big thank yous and hugs are coming your way.
With love,
Courtney (and Jay)

Paty
01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Hugs to you and keep resting.

Delaney
01-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Great to hear from you Courtney. Thinking of you. Hope you get lots of rest.

schoolteacher
01-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the update. I checked this morning to see if anything had been posted.

Amelia

lkc Gumby
01-09-2012, 03:03 PM
keeping you and yours in my prayers that once your Rad Tx is over you'll be back to you!

Dianedack
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Sending my love Courtney from Perth.

Diane
xx

Unregistered
01-11-2012, 10:09 PM
{{{{{"bump"}}}}}

Pray
01-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Gods blessings to you Courtney. You are in my prayers. What a fighter you are!Your Friend,Nancy

KsGal
01-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Sending lots of love and many prayers to Courtney and her family. ((hugs)) to you all...keep the faith and stay strong.

Laurel
01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Jay's update today on Courtney's progress.....it's GOOD NEWS!

"Courtney is improving. I quote our doctors visits on Wednesday and Thursday who note that "the latest chemo is definitely working" and that the her disease is "much better." Courtney's taking half as many pain meds as she was around Christmas, and is making great progress.

We have a long road to full recovery, however. Those of you who have visited us over the past few weeks noticed that Courtney is really fatigued from the radiation (which ended last Wednesday), and very wobbly due to all the drugs. We expect a few more weeks of fatigue and then things should slowly improve. But what keeps us going through this hard period if knowing that it IS working - this week, we finally received some good news that we are on the right path.

I didn't want another day to go by without letting you all know of our good news. And... I wanted everyone to know about the incredible role that you all play in this supporting Courtney and me. In the past 1 week , we've received dozens of letters/cards, about 6 flower delivers, 5 meals (either cooked or us or dropped off at our house), 4 pints of ice cream, about 24 visitors, several warm items of clothing, 1 bottle of scotch (for me, obviously), and so much assorted help and support that I'm failing to remember everything. But it's working. "

Barbara H.
01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi Courtney and Jay,
Please note that you are both an inspiration to me. I know the road with brain mets is not easy although I did not have the same issues as you. My thoughts and best wishes continue to be with you. I hope that it will not be long before you are feeling better.
Kind regards,
Barbara H.

Mandamoo
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
I am so pleased to hear that you have some good news - wishing you the very best Courtney for your recovery from the latest treatment.

Joan M
01-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Glad that you're able to write and praying that you'll have less fatigue soon and back to taking all those great trips with Jay! Many hugs, Joan

ElaineM
01-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I am so happy the chemo is working. Don't worry about us. We know you appreciate everyone's efforts on your behalf. Get lots of rest.

schoolteacher
01-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Jay,

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear the chemo is working.

Amelia

joyce lutz
01-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Courtney! Joyce here. So happy to hear you are doing well! If Jay gets time ask him to send me your email address as my account was compromised and I can't get my contacts. I'd like to update you on Pam's situation. My new email is Jeldance43@Yahoo.com. I think and pray for you often. Keep up the good fight m'friend.
Love
Joyce