PDA

View Full Version : Surgery on Weds.

snolan
12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I have my reconstructin surgery on Weds. Finally, seems like it has taken forever to get here. What was supposed to be a quick in and out proceedure has finally come to the reconstruction phase a 1 1/2 yrs later. Glad to be on the rebuilding side instead of the removal side. Here's to boobies for christmas:)
Suzanne

Ellie F
12-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Good luck Suzanne. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Ellie

karen z
12-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Many good wishes coming your way.
karen

dawny
12-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Good luck Suzanne, hope all goes well for you. Merry Christmas

Dawn

tricia keegan
12-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Sorry I'm late coming in here Suzanne but hoping all went went well today and you're back home recovering!!! xx

'lizbeth
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Merry Christmas to you with the brand new boobies! I hope it went well. Let us know how you are doing? What kind of reconstruction did you choose?

I hope they turn out better than the originals!

Happy Holidays

Paula O
12-23-2011, 06:08 AM
I hope things went great for you on Wednesday and you heal up very quickly.

Paula

ElaineM
12-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Heal well and have a nice relaxing holiday season.

snolan
12-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Surgery went well, very sore but pain meds are working well. Resting at home with kids and husband who have been so helpful, I am very blessed with a great family. I had the latissimus dorsi flap. Incisions look good, I have a great plastic surgeon. Thanks for all the well wishes, hope everyone has a great Christmas and a happy New Year. I wish that everyone on this sight can have a moment of peace that frees us from the thoughts of cancer. Here's to a better year.
Suzanne

karen z
12-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Suzanne,
Glad that you are doing well and it sounds like you are surrounded by the best.
A moment of peaceful thoughts and a better year sound wonderful!
Karen

Jackie07
12-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Suzanne,

Glad everything went well.

Here's to a better, happier new year!

chekmark
12-27-2011, 04:12 PM
So glad that your surgery went well. I had mine Dec 9th. Kinda wish they would have given me a heads up on the pain. I hope you continue to heal well and can finally close this chapter. In my prayers. Darlene

karen z
12-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Suzanne and Darlene,
Thinking of you and hoping that your remaining pain diminishes fast and you can get on with other things that you need/want to do!! Happy New Year to you both.

JillaryJill
01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Suzanne, Had my reconstruction December 1st. Outpatient surgery. Feeling great. Good luck to you. My new set looks great in my clothes...can't believe how high they are.

snolan
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Have some swelling issues had to put an additional drain in for the lower half of breast. Had this same problem with inital reconstruction after mast. had to remove expander. Hope the added drain will help, swelling has gone down still a little red. I don't know why this side has to react like this very frustrating.

chekmark
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Suzanne,
So sorry that you are going thru this again. The drains are so annoying. I hope that things start to go better for you and you recover quickly. I will be thinking about you. Darlene

KsGal
01-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Im so sorry you had to get another drain...I think those are the worst part of the whole darn procedure. Hang in there. I too went through three different antibiotics just with my expanders, and finally got the right one that cleared it. Sending prayers your way.

Sheila
01-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Suzanne, hoping the drain will alleviate the problem....I had a pocket of fluid like a seratoma after my reconstruction and I thought the drain would never be able to be removed...antibiotics and time did the trick! Heal well!

snolan
01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback, glad to see I am not the only one who has had this issue (though I wouldn't wish it on anyone). I just feel like I'm the only one who has reacted like this though my PS assures me that this is not uncommon.