PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound Doppler

Delaney
11-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Has anyone had experience of a doppler test? I had wbr in early March. In the past few weeks I've had sight problems with my left eye, happens about twice a week and lasts less than 10 mins, vision is distorted like I'm 'seeing stars'. Had brain scan, all ok. My oncologist sent me to the Vascular dept for an ultrasound of my neck (called a doppler test), all ok. Now she is sending me to the x-ray dept for another ultrasound doppler, this is called a carotid doppler. Thats in two weeks time. Has anyone had this problem? I've never seen it mentioned here. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

snolan
11-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Though I haven't had one, I do work in the medical field, the doppler just shows if you have any blockages to your arteries. Pretty simple test but guessing if it shows a decrease blood flow they may think that could lead to your vision issues. Hope this helps and hope the test come out well.

Delaney
11-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks very much, maybe I can come down a few notches on the worry scale.

NanaJoni
11-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Have you seen an optometrist or ophamologist for an eye exam? The stars or light refraction can indicate several eye problems including detached retina, diabetes, etc.

Delaney
11-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah, forgot to mention I got a very comprehensive eye exam at the eye clinic in the hospital and all was ok.