PDA

View Full Version : cancer, maybe diabetes too? terrified?

hezzy_9805
09-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Lately, I've lost balance to everything! IDK what to think Im seeing the ONC this afternoon thankfully.
None of my meds have changed other than Im taking more diphen/atrop (diarea control med) to keep balance. Im in the bthrm multiple times beyond belief
My hubby tested my sugar and its been hanging around four hunded. I took some over the counter incillin, and it finally dropped after two hrs. Im so tired.
Yesturday I ate healthy as could be for breakfast cereal. At lunch a healthy subway sandwich, and dinner was eggs, ham and one bisquit. My sugar at 390 for that is scary. My hubby a diabetic and every woman in their thirties in my family also is.
Im terrified Im going to be fighting cancer and diabetes. Im still so swollen in my feet that I have no fitting shoes. I was told it sounds like my body is holding water.
ANY ADVICE PLEASE????? If Im going to be fighting both I will, but Im terrified I know nothing

PLEASE any advice? anything

hezzy_9805
09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
the incillin was OTC, thankfully it took sugar down

Laurel
09-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Hezzy,

Insulin is not sold over-the-counter so not sure what you took. A blood sugar of 390 is high, very high and you need to call your doctor immediately. No more self medicating, no more fear and denial. Look, if you have become a diabetic, then you have. Now is the time to get moving and address it, deal with it, and manage it. You can do that, Hezzy.

snolan
09-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Just like Laurel said, Incullin is not sold over the counter, the dosage has to be prescribed and can be adjusted if it is not bringing down your sugar levels enough or if it is taking them too low. The side effects of high sugar are fatigue, among others. Getting a Dr who specializes in this is important due to the long term degenerative effects of the disease. Getting control of it is doable and will make you feel better. Good Luck.

Sheila
09-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Hezzy...where do you go for treatment...there has to be good Dr's in Champaign, which is close. Insulin must be by prescription and calculated to your blood sugar readings...also there are long acting and short acting types. The feet swelling can be from meds, heart issues or kidney issues related to the diabetic diagnosis...get to a Dr

ElaineM
09-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I think you need to see a doctor now. Take good care of yourself.

Trish
09-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Hezzy as the others have said it is important to get diabetes well treated. It is thought some diabetes medications can help with tumour control (eg Metformin) so facing the diabetes issue may help the cancer. All the very best
Trish

patz64
10-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Hezzy, you definitely need to see a doctor ASAP for this. Uncontrolled diabetes can add problems to cancer. You need a good doctor who will work with you, and give you good medical and nutritional advice. Good luck, and I will keep you in my prayers.