PDA

View Full Version : Hair Thinning and Hair Loss & Marlyn Formula 50

Vic
08-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I posted this under "Diet and Nutrition" and decided to post it here, too, since some there may be a previous chemo drug link that I'm not aware of:

It's probably due to aging and genetics (my Dad is bald and my Mom has thinning hair), but I'm losing more hair and my hair is thinning by the hairline and I don't like it. Someone online mentioned a vitamin supplement called Marlyn Formula 50, but when I take a closer look at the label, there is 575 mg. of hydrolyzed soy protein and I don't want to take soy, even though my BC was ER-. I'm also on 75 mcg. of Synthroid for low thyroid, which can affect hair loss, too.

Any recommendations or thoughts on a hair supplement that is safe to use for those of us who've had BC? Thanks.

karen z
08-27-2011, 11:03 PM
See a top dermatologist who specializes in hair loss/thinning. He or she will be able to provide topical solutions, which can be quite effective for women. Make sure you tell the doctor of your history.

chicagoetc
08-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for mentioning it...and for the advice. I need to do the same...

Melanie

harrie
09-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I used Nioxin. I seem to lose a lot of hair when I wash it. i think partly it is due to the Feramra.
But I do need to add, it has been about 4 yrs post chemo, and I honestly feel like my natural hair now is better then ever. I really like it. It is dark and very curly. It may have thinned, but with the curls it is not that noticable.