PDA

View Full Version : Update on latest scan results

DeenaH
08-21-2011, 02:40 PM
I haven't posted in a while, but June 3rd I had a lung wedge resection and did chemosensitivity testing with the whole live tumors. I was progressing at the time, and there was a 7 week gap between my last PET/CT and my first new treatment. I have to assume I continued to progress during that time. I had 5 treatments with my new combo (navelbine/herceptin/tykerb) before my latest scan. I was hoping for either only slight progression or stability (due to the 7 weeks virtually untreated). Instead I had pretty substantial regression! I never thought I would be able to use that word! I have "numerous" lung mets, so they didn't count and measure all of them, but on average they have shrunk by 1/3 to 1/2!! And the metabolic activity is reduced. Also, no new sites. This is the best news I have ever had on a scan. Finally some good news! I am so happy I did the testing. I would have wasted precious time and added toxicity without it. Now let's hope my cancer doesn't get smart and become resistant!

tricia keegan
08-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm so glad this regime is working so well for you and hope that continues!

kathyG
08-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Dear DeenaH,
Congratulations! What great news. I rejoice with you.
Thank the Lord. kathyG/Queazy

ElaineM
08-21-2011, 03:50 PM
This is really great news !!!! Congratulations !!!
Can you give us the name of the chemo sensitivity test or the name of the company where the tissue testing is done? I think other members could benefit from chemo sensitivity testing.

Jackie07
08-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Thank you so much for the update. You've just described the complexity of cancer treatment and our unique journey. Here's to more good news!

DeenaH
08-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Elaine - I had my assay done at Rational Therapuetics with Dr. Robert Nagourney. You can Google Dr. Nagourney, and you will find a lot of info on him. I truly believe had it not been for him, I would be trying one drug after the other until I found the right one. My cancer also showed resistant to several standard of care treatments.

Jackie - it is so true. Cancer treatment is so unique to each of us and our individual cancers.

Ellie F
08-22-2011, 04:09 AM
So glad to hear your good news. As you say all our cancers are unique and so are our immune systems. Hope you get a very long time on this new combo.

Ellie

mmoons
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
That is facinating....and oh SUCH good news. Thank you for sharing, Deena!

schoolteacher
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Deena,

Glad to hear you good news.

Amelia

Elizabethtx
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Regression, I love that word! Praying it continues and you see only great results from your new combo.

CourtneyL
08-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Woot Woot! Doing the happy dance for you Deena! This is great news. Go Nabelbine Go! Kick those mets to the curb and leave our Deena alone! It was so great to see you and Susan last week. Let me know the next time you're in SF! Take care and enjoy this victory. Love, love, love, Courtney

DeenaH
08-25-2011, 06:32 PM
It was so great seeing you too Courtney! Sorry I missed the meeting Tuesday. Ryan started school on Wednesday, so I had to get home from my Melisko appointment early. My next scan is November 2nd, so hopefully we can meet up again then. She pushed me off to 10 weeks from 8, so it will be a while before my scans line up with susan's again.

Trish
08-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Wonderful news about the regression. All the best
Trish

kathyG
08-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Dear DeenaH,
Thank you for sharing such great news. We all love to hear the positive news as it gives us all hope for similar news for ourselves. Keep doing what you are doing and hope that this becomes a permanent state of remission and cure for you.
God Bless. kathyG/Queazy