PDA

View Full Version : MRI update for "eye episodes"

7andcounting
08-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi All,

I got my results from my MRI that I had b/c my eyes kept freaking out and having dbl vision, black spots and other things.

MRI was fine. Appt. to Opthamologist said all was normal.

So, I have no explanation for why my eyes have been doing this. When it happens it resolves fairly quickly.

The chemo nurses seemed unconcerned.

In the last few days I have not had any episodes, so I will talk to my oncologist when I see him. He had the nurse tell me he hadn't had any patients on Navelbine complain of this type of thing.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks!

Ellie F
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Soooo pleased everything was normal.Thanks for posting.As with all these highly toxic drugs side effects,sometimes unexplained seem to happen.
We need to hope that RAPID progress continues to be made with targeted treatments.
In the meantime i sincerely hope you don't have any more episodes.

Ellie

chicagoetc
08-13-2011, 02:38 PM
7andcounting,

Somewhere in the middle of Herceptin, I had a strange reaction visually. When I looked at things I began to be dizzy. This was frustrating re everything from watching a parade to doing intake assessments (on a computer) at work...during which I became nauseous. Eventually I changed my glasses and this seemed to help...Though I still have some limits visually (when multi-tasking). I never had Navelbine though.

Melanie

pibikay
08-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi All I talked to Hema about this.She said that during her Herceptin and even now with Tykerb Xeloda some times her eyes get blurred as if she is goinfg blind and many times she has the senastion as if her eyes are pierced with needles.Plase see on of my earlier posts regarding the eyes getting red during infusion.Best of luck to all

Pam P
08-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Wonderful to have the good report about your eyes. No cancer involvement!

BonnieR
08-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I recall during treatment that I had trouble with night vision. Headlights etc were intense and had halos.

tricia keegan
08-14-2011, 01:52 PM
So glad to read there was no mention of cancer and hope you get some answers soon:)

wlproctor
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Are you, by any chance, taking ambien to help you sleep? I was taking it during chemo and had several similar episodes....it was determined to be the ambien. epidsodes stopped when I stopped using the ambien. just a thought.