PDA

View Full Version : Lung nodule question

gqmom
07-29-2011, 08:54 AM
I do have a lung nodule (4mm) that was picked up on two CT scans...my onco says it's most likely inflammation or scar tissue from infection. My question is.....if it disappears on my next scan, do I move to stage IV? I'm currently stage II. I read someone else's signature which said she was moved to stage IV after a lesion on her liver disappeared.

Sheila
07-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Many people have lung nodules that are benign nodules usually from scarring from previous illness. I would not think you would move to Stage IV unless they biopsied and confirmed mets from the breast cancer. Usually they monitor these nodules over time for any changes.
Hoping these are not a significant finding, and just dormant nodules from previous infections/scarring.

mario
08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I had 2 nodules that were discoverd by CT Scan in my left lung. After needle biopsy, ..they confirmed it was pneumonia...not cancer (thank God). I never thought I would be so "happy" to hear I had pneumonia !! The Dr's never even mentioned staging to me. We were to busy fighting,..and trying to beat my wide spread salivary gland cancer. We are all in this together... best of luck,.. and my prayers..