PDA

View Full Version : neck lumps

Cam
07-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, looking for some reassurance if there is any. I was diagnoised with stage 1 (small 8mm) breast cancer, right breast, on my breast muscle and also had LCIS in my left breast. I chose a double mastectomy. They removed about 5 lymph nodes. In third lymph node they found the HER2 gene. I am also Estrogen Pos and Progesterine pos. I had 12 rounds of Taxol plus Herceptin and am now on my 5th Herceptin alone treatment, 8more to go. I take Arimidex also. My problem is I have had two lumps in my neck which is worrisome to me since I also have CLL, chronic leukemia, stage 0. I heard the neck lumps could be caused by the Herceptin. Any thoughts? I will be seeing my hemotologist oncologist on Friday. Last time he checked he said its not bad, its not good???? Any thoughts?

Jackie07
07-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Cam,

I've not heard of Herceptin causing neck lumps. The hematology oncologist is your 'chemo' doctor and he should be the one answer your questions. My 'guess' is that the lumps are cancer related - not good; they are also not enlarging - not bad.

Cam
07-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks Jackie for your reply. I'm also thinking it has something to do with the CLL. What throws me off is I went thru 3 months of chemo which should have helped. I also have two oncologists, one for the breast the other the CLL. They are both in the same department at Columbia. I guess I'll wait and see what is said on Friday.

tricia keegan
07-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi Cam,

I'm sorry but I have'nt heard of this connected to Herceptin at all, I have a friend with CLL doing great (diagnosed after her bc) so hoping it's something easily treated in your case!:)
Welcome to the site btw!!!:)

Jean
07-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi Cam,
Welcome to our wonderful site. You will be able to get lots of information and support here. The gals and men are a wondeful and very special group.

I was reading your post and just to be dx. with breast cancer and also have CLL is a full plate. But, keep this in mind very important....you caught your breast cancer in the early stage and your CLL is stage 0.

Herceptin has changed the stats for us Her2 gals.
I have not heard of lumps from the herceptin. Your dr. will check into the lumps in your neck. In the meantime take one step at a time. Not easy I am sure.

Sending you best wishes,
Jean

Cam
07-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks Tricia and Jean for welcoming me to this site and also your encouraging words. I have to put my faith in my doctors skills and I always think of words I read in a chuch bulletin..."God chooses what we go through, we choose how we go through it."
Keep the faith!! Thanks again

tricia keegan
07-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Keep us posted on those lumps Cam and remember our symptoms are not always cancer related!!:)

Cam
08-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Finally saw my hemotology onc today. He said as far as the CLL I am still in stage 0. Neck lumps, which have gone down significantly, he thinks could be a from throat virus.
I had my 8th Herceptin only today. 5 more to go. Yea!!

caya
08-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Great news on the neck lumps Cam. Hopefully they will continue to go down and disappear entirely.

all the best
caya