PDA

View Full Version : One Year Ago Today At 3:15 P.M.

KDR
06-09-2011, 12:03 PM
One year ago today, at 3:15 p.m., I got the dreaded phone call. "O.K. We found the cancer," the female voice said after taking a deep breath.
I post about this as I have conditioned myself to not give cancer a second thought, any recognition, any significance--it is of no consequence. And, as this "milestone" passes, it has worked. I feel nothing but victory. There are no tears. I am more of a fighter now than ever.
O.K. You found the cancer. And I intend to lose it.
Love to all,
Karen

Jackie07
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Congratulations on your one-year mark!

"When can we schedule the surgery?" That's my only question to the breast cancer surgeon back in 2003 when the 1.2 cm tumor was found. At the time it had more to do with my 'ignorance' about breast cancer than anything else. I figured a 2-hour surgery would be nothing compared to the 23-hour brain tumor surgery I'd had 13 years prior...

Turned out they both are bothersome - till this day! :)

krisvell
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Karen,
Good milestone; one year. and yes, please lose it!

We are close my dear, it was 2 years ago yesterday that I found out that I had BC. Like you, I found it myself after a good mamo 10 months earlier that turned into a five alarm fire. I like your perspective on this beast.

Love,
Kris....

Joan M
06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Karen,

Well put!

Joan

Trish
06-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Go Karen, lose that cancer-you are on the way.
Trish

ElaineM
06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Way to go !!!! I love your response !!

ammebarb
06-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi KDR. Love that you are in a good place about your cancer. I was an absolute mess for a long, long time. Every year on my anniversary date, I felt low, cried, remembered every horrid detail. Then one year I realized that it was time to "turn my head around". I was sick of giving this #%^& disease any additional negative power over me. It had taken enough! I started to think, with gratitude, that I'm still here. I'm capable of loving my family, my kindergarteners (former teacher). I'm living! This Nov. 1st, it will be 28 years since my diagnosis---and I have to be glad that I didn't use all those anniversary dates and the time in between to dwell on cancer.

Congratulations to you KDR! Here's to many, many more anniversary dates!

Barb A.

chrisy
06-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Karen,
Thats the good kind if loss!

Well done

Sandra in GA
06-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Karen,
I love your attitude! ~ Sandra

Jean
06-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Karen,
Congratulations on your first year and wishing you many many more of them! Each year celebrate with joy!

Jean

yanyan
07-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi, Karen. Just checking how you are doing? I was very impressed by your positive attitude. Hope everything is going well with your treatment. Hugs from the west coast ((()))

Laurel
07-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Loved that!