PDA

View Full Version : headaces after wbr?

Pam P
05-13-2011, 05:27 AM
I finished my wbr March 30. I don't have any of the symptoms I was having before radiation - severe headache, dizzy, motor control etc. But I do have some headache symptoms.

On the left side of my head about midway up from my ear to my crown I have a spot that hurts/aches -it's subtle not severe. On the right side a little lower and more toward the back, the same thing (not at the same time). Before brain mets I wouldn't have given any thought to this. It doesn't last long, i't nothing I'd take an advil for.

I also have a very itchy scalp all over my bald head - sometimes It's hard to tell if it's the scalp irritation or the head hurting. I'm using lotion of the scalp but it continues... ug

When is a headache just a headache? Is this just ongoing 'work' of the radiation - it's supposed to stay active for a month or so after last treatment, right? Is this a sign of more trouble? I have a brain MRI on May 24.

My paranoia runs deep............ Thanks. Pam

Delaney
05-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Pam, am in the very same way as you. I have to wait until June 14th for a scan and every little sensation or minor ache worries me. Unfortunately nothing we can do but wait. I will be hoping for good news for you. Best wishes.

krisvell
05-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Hi Pam,
Im new to the Brain Mets journey and I do the same thing as you. Every little twing, twitch or slight headache, I think Oh God more mets or it's growing. A few weeks before my Brain MRI (4/21), I had those symptoms but gratefully, it was a good report. I don't know for sure but I think that it happens because the tumor is shrinking and dying that's why I get those feelings.

I am praying for you to have a very good MRI report too.

Love & Hugs,
Kris....

Catherine
05-13-2011, 08:41 AM
To all you after WBR....wow, so sorry that all those little twitchs keep you thinking...what is going on. Our thoughts naturally wonder what is going on. Just wanted to send you a note of love and caring. You are brave and I wanted to send extra hugs to each of you today.

Thinking of you,

ElaineM
05-13-2011, 10:46 AM
I hope you will be feeling better soon. Perhaps the radiologist's office or a good dermatologist can offer you something for the itchy scalp. Take good care of yourself.

kiwigirl
05-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi Pam i saw my Onc last week. I had the same problems as you. He told me as long as the headache does not stay in one spot it is nothing to be concerned about and the radiation is still working. The radiation seems to continue for a couple of months. I also find if i have a big rest the headaches go.

The other side effect with the ear is called ear plug from the radiation and that should disappear soon. This is from a build up of wax in the inner ear that goes hard from the radiation.

I use 100% Aleo Vera on my scalp and its good now.

I'm not sure when my next scan is, I hope its soon. The other thing I've been told is I can't drive for three years which seems excessive to me. I've got two you children to drive around - not sure what to do about that?

Hope head aches improve

Regards Jacqui