PDA

View Full Version : Milestone infusion - #100!

Lisa1962
04-25-2011, 08:10 AM
It's been a long while since I've posted here, but this site was so helpful when I was diagnosed over 6 years ago.

On 5/27/11 I will have my 100th infusion of Herceptin.... (#99 will be on 5/6) and I almost can't imagine it.

I just thought I'd post this as encouragement to anyone else who wants to read things like this.

Emotionally I'm suddenly a little overwhelmed and recently got a case of the "what ifs" which is something that doesn't happen that often... sometimes I guess you feel that if you've been around this long at Stage IV your luck is bound to run out. I've planned a weekend with my husband and son at a B & B on the shore - it was either that or a celebratory party and I didn't want all that work!

I'm sending good thoughts to all of you.

Edited to correct "son" - he may be the "sun" to me - but probably not to the rest of you :)

caya
04-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Great news to share with us Lisa. I'm sure your post will give much hope to all, especially those who are stage IV.

Enjoy your weekend celebration.

all the best
caya

Ellie F
04-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Glad to hear this news. Sounds like vit h is working really well for you. Do you still have any side effects?
I also feel my son is my sun!

Best wishes
Ellie

schoolteacher
04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for posting.

Amelia

Trish
04-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Great news Lisa, I love the sound of your celebration. I hadn't even thought of counting the number of infusions but I like it as a measure of stage IV survivorship. May there be countless more.
Trish

krisvell
04-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Lisa,
I love reading posts like yours. It makes me very happy for you and gives me inspiration.
100th infusion and 6 years. Wow!; that's quite an accomplishment. I like your celebration at a B&B at the shore. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time. You can kick back your heels, feet in the sand and enjoy the moment and wonderful accomplishment that you've achieved.
Wishing you many, many, many, more...... (oh, what the heck - forever celebrations!
Hugs,
Kris....