PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaking story of a young couple fighting cancer together

bejuce
04-19-2011, 10:09 AM
A lesson in love, dedication, courage, and perspective.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/11/a-couples-knot-tied-tighter-by-dual-diagnoses/?scp=2&sq=couple&st=cse

KDR
04-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi, Bejuce,
Thanks for posting this story. It became local news here a few weeks ago...and then there was another article in Sunday's Newsday, which also might be of interest (link cannot be attached), it featured Joyce O'Brien, who was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer, and her husband, also diagnosed with late-stage cancer. For the last 10 years they have been cancer free due to lifestyle changes, medicine and other techniques they adopted. I'm hoping the same for this Brooklyn couple.
Karen

Ellie F
04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Me to! They have such a young child it's heartbreaking.

Ellie

krisvell
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Marcia,
Thanks for posting this article. It's a touching and has given me great inspiration on how to live my live with dignity and hope.

My kids used to say to me Oh Mom, you just want everybody to be happy and win. and I'd say Yes I do. Life just seems to be unfair.

Rooting and praying for them,

Kris....

Paty
04-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Marcia,

Thank you for sharing this article... a great inspiration!

Paty

v-ness
04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
i am so grateful that my diagnosis didn't come until a few years after bob's (him 2007, me 2009). i got to devote all my mind and heart to him for the 10 weeks we had once we knew his esophageal cancer was stage 4. i cannot imagine if we'd both been diagnosed at the same time and going through treatment, even if the hospital is only half a mile away. his swift death definitely colored how i took the news of my own cancer. the first thing i did when my friend arrived was ask what would happen to my cats? it took a while to wrap my mind around the idea that cancer didn't equal death. education did the trick, but seeing the women here helped even more. valerie