PDA

View Full Version : Grandma said..

Jean
04-19-2011, 02:25 AM
My 98 yr. old grandmother who was as sharp as a tac...
would always say, "it is hard to get a moving target."
Many decades later when I was dx. with bc her words would echo in my head. Though my treatments there were those days (two after trt day) that I was on the coach just laying there trying to get back my mojo....thinking I was toast...lol then my dear wise grandmother's words would come into my head and I would get up and push myself to do a small light walk.

Then the last few years we have been told how vital exercise is. Just sharing this article...with those who are in treatment...and for those who have completed trt.
Best wishes to all,
jean

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/222644.php

ElaineM
04-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Your grandmother is a wise woman. We have much to learn from our elders, especially those who have lived a long time.

Jackie07
04-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Our health plan uses an online program called 'Vital Care' to help/encourage patients to adopt a good eating habit and regular exercise routine. E-mails are sent every couple of weeks if members 'forgot' to log on/check in.

karen z
04-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Jean,
Thanks for the inspiration from your very wise grandmother (and her granddaughter) and the article. I definitely think this has been one of the hardest things to get a handle on during the last few years. k