PDA

View Full Version : not standard of care, but a new alternative adjuvant treatment emerging for T1ab-c???

Lani
04-13-2011, 06:40 AM
J Chemother. 2011 Mar;23(1):32-5.
Trastuzumab and Vinorelbine in Early Stages of HER2-Positive Breast Cancer.
Ferrario C, Wong A, Gao T, Bouganim N, Aloyz R, Panasci LC.

Abstract
The combination of vinorelbine and trastuzumab (VH) is highly active and well tolerated in patients with metastatic HER2+ breast cancer. We assessed the efficacy and tolerability of VH as an alternative adjuvant treatment for patients with localized breast cancer refusing or ineligible for standard adjuvant trastuzumab-based chemotherapy. Twenty-eight patients with stage I-III breast cancer were treated only with VH as preoperative or postoperative chemotherapy. Fourteen patients received VH as adjuvant treatment for pT1a-b pN0 or eR+ pT1c pN0 cancers. VH was well tolerated, the only grade 3-4 toxicity being neutropenia with 2 cases of febrile neutropenia. At a median follow-up of 39 months, no breast cancer relapses were documented; moreover, overall and disease-free survival was 96.4%. In summary, our results indicate that VH is effective and well tolerated. VH should be prospectively tested as adjuvant treatment for pN0 pT1a-b breast cancer patients for which no standard treatment is well defined.

PMID: 21482492

SoCalGal
04-13-2011, 10:11 AM
What is this: pN0 pT1a-b ? Thanks Lani.

ElaineM
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
15 year survivor !!!!!!!!! That is terrific !!!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!

Jean
04-13-2011, 05:37 PM
pN0 pT1a-b

pno.....no node involvement

pt1a-b.....stage 1 a or b

swimangel72
04-13-2011, 07:05 PM
This is exactly the treatment I received! My onc told me that Herceptin would work with any chemo, that I didn't need strong chemo........so he put me on 4 months of Navelbine (every two weeks) with Herceptin - then I continued the Herceptin every two weeks for the rest of the year. I am a three year survivor and all's well.........I know there's another woman on these boards who had Navelbine and Herceptin and she's doing very well too. It makes me happy to read that a study proves this protocol works well!