PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward~~~

Sheila
02-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Tomorrow, I go for scans to see how the Eribulen is working inside...so ironic, as 9 years ago tomorrow, I was told I had breast cancer. The rollercoaster ride continues, and although I dont like rollercoasters, I am getting more used to each bump and twist along the way. I was thinking, what is the one most important thing cancer has given me? My answer is TODAY.....because before cancer, I took TODAY for granted, now I savor each and every today.

When I had a recurrence, I was told the outlook was not good...well here I am, still fighting, but enjoying TODAY!
Hoping this gives hope to those who are struggling right now.... none of us are guaranteed tomorrows, even without cancer, but we do have TODAY! Live for it!

Jackie07
02-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Well said, Sheila. Here's to a good scan result 'tomorrow'!

Lori R
02-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Dear Sheila,
Thank you for posting such an inspirational thought. I received news that the met in my liver is back . (I'll update my liver mets sisters in another post)

I was feeling a little blue and am wondering what the future will hold.

Thank you for the reminder to live in the moment!!

Best of luck on your scan, I'll be thinking of you. Lori

whatz
02-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Ditto to Jackie07.

Pam P
02-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Sheila, What wonderful thoughts and you are so right none of has any promise of more than today. I hope you get good news on the scans. Will be waiting to hear. Pam

Becky
02-21-2011, 06:51 AM
You go Sheila!

Gerri
02-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Shelia,

Nine years and counting - YAHOO! Good luck with your scans; we will all be waiting to hear the results!

krisvell
02-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Sheila;
9 Years; that's wonderful. I hope you celebrate and get awesome results tomorrow. Your words are true inspiration to me.
I hope you feel my big hug to you.
Love, prayers and hugs;
Kris....

Mary L
02-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Sheila, your story is so inspirational. I wish you the very best and hope you get a great report tomorrow. Mary L

Ellie F
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Sheilla
Very best of luck with your scans.I always appreciate the hope you give to us all.

Hugs
Ellie

ElaineM
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes. Medical care has given us more yesterdays and today. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will all have many more tomorrows.
Good luck !! We are all waiting for your results !!

TriciaK
02-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Sheila, you are truly an inspiration! Tomorrow is a scary day for both of us: I will see my oncologist as we try to decide what chemo I can try this time. I am tempted to try gemzar again with something to help overcome the reaction of last time. I will be thinking of you and praying for you that your scans are good news and we both have more good "todays". I will be watching for your post and will also post my outcome. Whatever happens, you are truly in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, TriciaK

tricia keegan
02-21-2011, 12:17 PM
True words Sheila and hoping for good news on your scan results:)

AlaskaAngel
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Sheila,

You and I both have had our 9th anniversaries this year. As many know, our paths have been different. I have never once known you to be anything but quite human and entirely admirable as you continue on yours. Thanks for being you, and best to you.

AlaskaAngel

chrisy
02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Nice sentiment AA. And I agree, Sheila is not just an authentic human, but a very strong one and a personal inspiration to me.

And imagine, Sheila, becoming so adept at riding that rollercoaster - although you never sought to be. Now you you ride it like a rodeo hero.

Sheila, I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Much much love, my friend,
Chris

chicagoetc
02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Sheila,

Today is it! Sounds like a good lesson. I like your stamina/perseverance. You are a good role model!

Melanie

sassy
02-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Waiting for the celebratory post tomorrow!

You are truly and inspiration to us all and a perfect example of how to live and thrive in adversity.

Got you in my prayers.

kiwigirl
02-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Congratulations. Thank you for your post they are words I needed to here.

Your courage and strength gives hope. All the best prayer it works for you. Regards Jacqui

Joan M
02-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Sheila,

You have a lot of spirit and your attitude gives me strength.

I'm sending good vibes that tomorrow's scan shows good news.

Joan

Kim in DC
02-21-2011, 07:13 PM
I looking forward also!

Kim

bejuce
02-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Sheila,

You are an amazing woman. Thank you for all that you do for us on this board, especially giving us strength and inspiration to go on and enjoy today.

Wishing you a clean scan tomorrow,

Marcia

Ceesun
02-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Sheila, My best wishes to you for a positive report....you are an inspiration. Stay Present. A good reminder for each of us. Ceesun.....saw your magazine article last December...nice!

Jean
02-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Well said Sheila, thank you.
May the todays be many.

Hugs and love,
Jean

laureen
02-22-2011, 06:32 AM
All I have to say is LOVE it, you are truly an inspiration. Thank you so much for the pick me up. Heres to whatever today has in store for us. I am truly going to have a great day. Hope the results turn up great.

Paty
02-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Sheila,

You are my inspiration. Wishing you the best for the best results in your tests today. Yes, let's live and enjoy TODAY, that is all we have. Love, hugs and kisses.

Paty

ammebarb
02-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Thinking of you, Sheila, as you do your tests today. Here's to living in the moment!

Barb A.

schoolteacher
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
You are a wonderful person, Shelia. Thanks for offering all of us some HOPE.

Amelia

Joanna J
02-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Sheila, You are a True Inspiration to so many of us here,I am hoping & praying for Good News for you,I always look forward to your posts...BIG BIG HUGS FROM WV,JOANNA

Elizabethtx
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
What an inspiration you are. I love your fighting spirit! Thinking of you this evening! Hugs!
Elizabeth

hutchibk
02-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Yay Sheila! We shall keep on keeping on...

Kavy
02-23-2011, 03:39 AM
Sheila,
Sending prayers for a great scan results.
Hugs,
KarlaV.

Patb
02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Sheila thinking of you, thanks for the lesson we
need to hear.
patb

Trish
02-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Thank you Sheila I am hoping very hard that TODAY is a particularly good day for you, an up on the roller coaster. I am planning to enjoy my day and you have helped me to remember how happy I am to be here.
Trish

Laurel
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Hey, Kiddo, you know my fingers and toes are crossed for you. I haven't had time to be on the site for several days (that time of year for realtor-types). I am so glad I took a mo. to pop on tonight to see your post. Praying that stuff is still doing the trick. Those skin mets and that nodule still gone?

alicem
02-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I am praying for good news to come your way Sheila. I feel the need to thank our dear, beloved Joe for bringing all of us together on this forum. Without him & Christine, I never would have known you or been able to read your inspiring stories. Let alone all of the other fabulous men and women that frequent these message boards. Sending my love to you!

loveher
02-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Sheila you're amazing!! good luck. I pray for good results.

KDR
02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Sheila,
How are you? I've been thinking of you...wondering how everything went...hoping for the best...let us know...
Karen

ElaineM
02-27-2011, 10:59 AM
How are you doing Sheila?

Barbara H.
02-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi Sheila,
I am wishing the best for you. You have been and continue to be a major inspiration for me. I switched to my school insurance in January and am in the process of setting up my Tykerb prescription again. Fortunately, it still continues to work for me.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Mary Jo
02-27-2011, 04:41 PM
What a great post Sheila and how right you are.

Hoping your scans are AWESOME....just like YOU.

Mary Jo

Elizabethtx
02-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Keep looking forward. Live today the best you can. Look how far you have come. I know it must be hard to fight day in and day out, but you are an inspiration to everyone who is walking behind you. Thank you for leading the way! I will be praying for good news.
Elizabeth

Sheila
02-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Sorry I have not posted, but it has been a rough week for me. An unexpected death in the family (my Uncle), then my beloved kindergarten teacher passes away, and last night my dear friend Marianne lost her battle to breast cancer...she was the one the paper did the article on last Oct. (Her & me) meeting at the look good feel better program and becoming best friends, through cancer...and now this damn disease has robbed me of another dear friend.
So as I wait to get my scan results tomorrow, there is another angel watching over all of us~~~ will post more after I get my results

Mary L
02-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Sheila, my heart goes out to you. You had a very sad week. I am praying for good scan results. Best Wishes, Mary L

schoolteacher
02-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Thinking of you Shelia. You are my hero.

Amelia

ElaineM
02-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for checking in Sheila. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I understand. I lost alot of people to breast cancer too.
They are watching over us from wherever they are now. We are carrying on for them on earth and for those people who were diagnosed after us. Take good care of yourself.

Laurel
02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey Kiddo,

Just wanted to say I am so sad with you over Marianne's death and that of your uncle. Wish I could head to Illinois and just sit with you, my friend. Praying your scans are stellar and that this spring dawns bright and full of hope. You deserve a wealth of good news!

bejuce
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Oh Sheila, so sorry to hear that! My prayers are with you and your family.

Love,

Marcia

Sheila
03-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Just returned from my oncologist appt. The CT scans show "STABLE" which considering my history, is like a miracle...most of the nodes in the medistinal and hilar area, and axillary now appear fibrotic, or as the Dr said, just dead areas ...the chemo aftermath. On the downer side, my counts were too low to get the chemo today...my white count was really low...so now Neupogen, which is a first for me in 8 years of treatment. The oncologist said that the drug Eribulen (Havalen) appears to be hard on the white counts on many people...some are on the Neupogen after the first round...so I must have health blood as this would have been round 5, (or is it 6)....it must make me lose track of time too. Somehow, I just know my dear friend Marianne who just lost her battle, is laughing her behind off at me...we always laughed about her counts being low, while mine remained normal....I almost flaunted it to her....she is paying me back from above!
The Dr. also said that everyone she has put on Eribulen (Halaven) is still doing well and responding..that is good news for all of us!

schoolteacher
03-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Glad to hear from you, Shelia.

Amelia

StephN
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Halleluia! For some better news.
So, the evidence from the outside (neck area) that the Halaven is working is born out on the inside scans.

I embrace you {{joyfully}} - and am sending a message to those white cells to multiply like crazy!

Joan M
03-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Sheila,

Great news on eribulen and your scans. Keep it going!

Joan

chrisy
03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Well Steph took the hallelujah right out of my mouth!!!!!!

Sheila, you were so due for some good news, I've got tears falling from my eyes right now, usually chemo related but this time a good deal of joyful ones mixed in
I'm hugging you as well:)

Pam P
03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Sheila - So glad to learn the good scan news. What a relief. I had my first eribulen tx yesterday. I had to do neupogen while on navelbine. So sorry to hear about your friend- and other losses this week.

Keep on kicking back the cancer cells with eribulen,
Pam

Jackie07
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Sheila,

So happy to hear the update. You sound wonderful!

Ceesun
03-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Sheila, Congrats on the good report....I am so sorry about your friend. Ceesun

Laurel
03-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Can you hear the whooping all they way across the great expanse between Pa and Illinois? 'Cuz, Girl, I'm doin' the happy dance over your wonderful news!!!! I had to pop on quickly to see whether you posted your scan results! I like the sound of dead nodes. That stuff is incredible! Hurray for Halaven! Let's hope Pam has such a terrific response to it.

Joanna J
03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Sheila,So So Sorry for your losses,my heart goes out to you. I know that you will treasure all the memories,but am so glad to hear abt your scans,many love you on here,I pray that God will comfort you thru all the days ahead,Hugs from WV,Joanna

ElaineM
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh Sheila,
You are a trail blazzer !!!!!!! We are learning about Halaven from you. Perhaps more of our members will have the opportunity to ask for and get Halaven in the future, because you have been kind enough to share your Halaven experiences with us.
I am so happy that the Halaven seems to be working on the inside as well as the outside. Stable is good !!!!!!!!
I was happy to hear it helped with the skin mets a few months ago. I am happy again that it is helping to keep things under control on the inside too. I am excited for you !!
Those who were close to you who passed away must also be watching over you.
Even though you might have to skip a treatment or two because of the low white blood counts keep going !!
In addition to shots try to eat lots of veggies, all kinds of cooked mushrooms, fruit and a little dark chocolate. Those are the things that help the white blood counts. Those things help the immune system. The white blood counts are the major force behind the immune system.
I know you take good care of yourself. Keep up the great work.

michka
03-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo Sheila!
I was waiting for your results and I am SO HAPPY. I hope your white cell counts will improve quickly.
I am sorry you went through so much again loosing close relatives and friends. You deserve only good news.
Michka

sassy
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
What fantastic news! I can "see" those pesky cells inside just fading away like the ones on your neck! Amazing! But we all know you are an amazing woman!

Hoping this good news tempers the sadness from your losses. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Trish
03-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Great news for you Shelia.So happy for you but sorry about your friend.
Trish

Nancy L
03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Sheila,

I know you will be interested in this article and I certainly hope you are receiving positive results with this drug. I think of you often and pray for your return to NED.

Your neck node BC sister, Nancy

Eribulin monotherapy versus treatment of physician's choice in patients with metastatic breast cancer (EMBRACE): A phase 3 open-label randomised study
The Lancet - Early Online Publication, 03/04/2011

Cortes J et al. – The authors aimed to compare overall survival of heavily pretreated patients receiving eribulin versus currently available treatments. Eribulin showed a significant and clinically meaningful improvement in overall survival compared with TPC in women with heavily pretreated metastatic breast cancer. This finding challenges the notion that improved overall survival is an unrealistic expectation during evaluation of new anticancer therapies in the refractory setting

KDR
03-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Sheila,
This is wonderful news! Hoping that your white count is within normal range real soon. You are truly and inspiration and fighter,
Love

Sheila
03-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Nancy...I am proof that is can work when so many drugs have failed me lately...this is my 5th regimen in a year...hoping it continues to work as the side effects are mild other than the hair loss! I am beginning to thing hair is an overated commodity anyhow!

Dianedack
03-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Good luck. Very true words that we should all remember............... Looking forward to hearing good news tomorrow for you.

Diane

Soccermom
03-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Prayers continue for good results ,Sheila!

Mary Anne in TX
03-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Sheila, I wish all your news could have been good, but am so pleased your treatment is being good to you. Lots of love, ma

tricia keegan
03-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I was so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Sheila but sending good thoughts to you as always:)

flynny
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Great news Sheila! I just want to say I'm sorry about your friend and uncle. My thoughts are with you.

Jean
03-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Sheila,
le congratulazioni di notizie meravigliose.
felicitaciones maravillosas de noticias.
underbara nyhetsgratulationer.
les félicitations merveilleuses de nouvelles.
Wunderbare Nachrichtenglückwünsche.
замечательные поздравления новостей.
素晴らしいニュース祝辞.
נוף חדשות ברכה.
Wspaniała wiadomość gratulacje.

WONDERFUL NEWS-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Sending you much love,
Jean

Nancy L
03-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Sheila,

When I lost my hair permanently from taking Taxotere 6 years ago, I went to wearing a hair replacement system. Now I never have to worry again when they say the new drug they are giving me will make me loose my hair---I have already dealt with alopecia forever. It takes awhile to come to peace with this but at this stage in my journey I am with you----hair is highly overrated. Give me a drug that really works with fewer side effects and I will be first in line.

Hoping you are having a wonderful day!

Nancy

Kavy
03-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Hi, Sheila,
I'm so happy for your scan result. Great news! Praying that Havalen will be your miracle drug for a long, long time, and that each scan result wil be better than the one before.
Sorry for your losses.
A big hug,
KarlaV.

rinaina
03-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Very well said Sheila. I am now a 5 year survivor as of this month and so thankful for each and every day. You are such an inspiration to so many of us. Thank you for all your positive energy and the examples you have set.