PDA

View Full Version : A little nervous

LoisLane
01-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone. I thought I would write in and get some encouragement and good vibes from the men and women here. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had a bone scan for leg pain and it was fine no problems but it did show a fractured rib (didn't even know I had one). I had been hiking in Victoria BC in September and took a spill,must of done it then. Anyway this past week I have been sick with lousy cough, stuffed up etc. Finally went to family doctor and she said my lungs were pretty full so she wanted to do a chest x-ray. She called the next day and said there was no pneumonia but they saw something on the lung behind where that fractured rib is. She said she sure it is nothing but they want to do a CT scan. Now I am getting worried. I think she said it was an opacity.
Anyway I am trying to remain calm and hopefully again they will say all clear. Yikes this is nerve wracking! Thanks for listening Lois

Mary L
01-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Lois, Lets think it is nothing to worry about till you have the cat scan. I know that is easier said than done but I really think it is from the fractured rib. It is so hard once you get the cancer diagnosis as every sympton we have is cancer. I will be praying for a good report. I love your posts. Best wishes. Mary L

Peg
01-30-2011, 02:07 PM
LoisLane,

I was just at the radiologist's and he did say radiation can cause scar tissue on the lung. It's probably nothing to worry about. Please keep us posted. I know it's tough, but try not to worry!

Peg

chrisy
01-30-2011, 02:25 PM
hi loislane,

Well, it isn't anything until you know it is. Although it seems more than coincidence that the "opacity" is right behind where you fractured a rib. If you took a tumble and cracked a rib maybe that also caused a minor injury to the lung.

Try to breathe easy...until you find out more information.

krisvell
01-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi Loislane,
Don’t you think it’s more than a coincidence they saw something right behind where you broke your rib? They sound related and it doesn’t sound like they are too concerned. If they were, the Drs. would be all over it.
It’s tough waiting but I really think it sounds like nothing.
Sending prayers and hugs your way,
Kris…

Jackie07
01-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi,

It is very hard not to worry when the doctors 'saw' something.
When I was directed to have an ultrasound after I'd just done a CT scan for the persisting discomfort in my liver area, I was '100%' sure that I'd developed liver mets...

But it turned out to be a harmless 'hepatic hemangioma' - something I'd never heard of before.

It's good that your doctor acted cautiously and is following up with a CT scan. We are praying for a benign test result...

Sending you good vibes...

LoisLane
01-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Thank you everyone. You have all already made me feel much calmer. I know I will be anxious until I get the CT and I am sure I can probably get it this week so hopefully this wait wont be too long. Thank you Peg for mentioning about the radiation. I actually did have radiation on that side. You are all the best xxLois

Chelee
01-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Lois,
Living in cancerland is difficult at times like this. Chances are it is from a benign cause. The radiation may be to blame for that...I've seen that happen so many times over the last 5 yrs. I also find it interesting that it just happens to be right behind that fractured rib. Once they found something on my cervical spine at C-7 and I was beyond stressed. But just like Jackie it turned out to be a hemangioma. It's probably going to turn out to be from your rads since that's the bc side. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Chelee

Sheila
01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Lois
There have been several of us who have would up with a fx rib....I did with no radiation, which does weaken the bones....sending a prayer that you will get the all clear after the CT and this will be in your rear view mirror!

LoisLane
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone. Had my CT on Friday Feb 4th. They called the results to me today and all okay. Yeah! Lungs were fine all clear. Just a healing fractured rib. Thanks for your words of encouragement to all. Lois.

Joanna J
02-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Lois,So glad to hear the good news.....Now Breeeaaatttthhh & relax......God Bless you,Joanna J

CindyE
02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
So wonderful to hear your good news. Enjoy and rest easy now.

sassy
02-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Great news! What's a fractured rib in the grand scheme of things!

Elizabethtx
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Wonderful news! We can all use that from time to time. Relax and enjoy life!

Trish
02-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Great news. Thanks for letting us know.
Trish

Peg
02-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for letting us know the great news!

Peg

krisvell
02-08-2011, 02:50 PM
LoisLane;
That is wonderful news! I love reading posts like this. You and your husband should celebrate.

Kris...

ammebarb
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Isn't it amazing that a fractured rib can be considered such a good thing! So very glad you got good news, and hope that you are enjoying that huge sense of relief.

Barb A.

Mary L
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Lois, I am so glad that it wasn't cancer. I had a really good feeling that it wasn't. Be happy and celebrate the good news. Best Wishes, Mary L

laureen
02-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah. I am convinced I have a fractured rib too. I will get ct in june after baby comes out. So happy for you.