PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a forum just for vaccine trials?

Chelee
01-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Someone mentioned this to me a long time ago and I think it's a great idea since there are so many interested in them. It would be so nice to be able to find everything related to vaccine trials in one place.

I think it would be nice so that women that enrolled in them long ago could check in and let us know how their doing--along with those that have just enrolled. There are so many posts about vaccines scattered around the board and it's hard to keep track of all of them. Becky, StephN, Christine...is this possible? How many others would be interested in a forum just for vaccines?

Chelee

Jean
01-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Sounds senseable Cheele...yes

Jean

Ellie F
01-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Brilliant idea. It would be so useful to know who was on what trials and who had participated in trials of vaccines in the past.Personal experience of vaccines is really useful to understand reactions and side effects.

Ellie

ElaineM
01-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Great idea, but I think it should include all clinical trial information our members are participating in or planning.

Jackie07
01-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Vaccine trials belongs to the board of 'Clinical trials', though discussions can appear anywhere such as New members, Her2, Tykerb,...etc.

This Board provides a very good 'search' function. It searches not only the keywords on the heading, but also the content of our postings.

The most 'relavent' threads appear first on the list of the search result. I would think it's more practical to remind members of the 'search' function than to expect people to follow more rules while they are under stress.

Just my 2 cents.

Becky
01-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I will admit, I would do it in a flash but I am awaiting more adminstrative rights and I will review to get it put up at some point. Give us time and it will be done.

Right now we are also working on getting rid of the current spammed chat room and putting up a new secure one so we can use it for Topics of discussion with prearranged discussions/times like we did way back when.

Alaska Angel and TanyaRD have some great ideas to use the chat room for Targeted discussions on diet and nutrition and we could also schedule other topics and ideas - BUT, we have to get it up and running first. Adding a Vaccine Board here will probably be pretty easy once the admin rights are straightened out which should be soon.

Stay tuned

StephN
01-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I think we can find a way to work in a more specific spot for this particular topic.

Chelee
01-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Becky, no hurry...I can see you have your hands full at the moment. Getting the chat room back up is a good start. I am sure there are alot of good topic's we can discuss in there. AA and Tanya came up with a great idea. I also like Elaine's idea too...I totally agree with you!

As to the vaccine forum maybe it could be a specific spot like Steph said...make it a "sticky" at the top of the board? Depending on where a person is in their trt can dictate how much time they have on the board. I have just noticed this last yr or so we have had more talk about all the vaccine trials then ever before. Anyone else interested in this pls feel free to chime in.

Chelee