PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have updated and

Jean
01-18-2011, 11:13 AM
current information on Her2 breast cancer vaccines?
Trials? etc.

Curious as to how researchers are coming along.

Thanks,
jean

StephN
01-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi Jean -
Good question.

I was just at the University of Washington Medical Center today for a visit with one of our dear members here who was there for her last vaccine.

As usual, I asked Doreen what is happening with any new trials. My trial participant friend had also asked about the data from followup blood draws and one trial has closed and followup analyses are being readied to report. They plan to have that report for ASCO in June.

A NEW VACCINE TRIAL will open in April or May if it stays on current track. This trial will be for stages II, III, and IV. I think this one I can qualify for. So am looking forward to hearing more on it soon.

Jean
01-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Steph,
Thank you for the update - keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping June reports bring us the news we want to hear.

Kind Regards,
Jean

Chelee
01-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Jean,
There are so many of us ladies that are interested in the vaccines. Especially us later stage gals. I appreciate you bringing this up.

StephN, thanks for sharing that trial with us...I was not aware of it. I wonder if there is anyway we could start a thread or forum that is just for the topic of vaccines alone? There are so many of us that are interested in vaccine trials and like to stay informed on past trial results--and all the new upcoming trials like Steph is mentioning. Again, thanks Jean.

Chelee

Ellie F
01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks Steph
I also hadn't heard of this one. Do you know anymore info about whether it is just a vaccine or does it involve t-cells??

Elllie

StephN
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry I do not have more specific information on the upcoming vaccine trial at U of W.

I think FDA may still be working out the fine points. But, I did get the feeling that it will be a sort of "next generation" vaccine, based on findings from the earlier trials.

The TROVAX trial that was supposesd to open last year is now OFF the table. FDA did not give final approval. That is one I had mentioned some time back.

The Tumor Group posts their trials and I am sure will put it up on their web site soon.

Ellie F
01-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks Steph
You know how much I would love a trip across the pond for the vaccine then I can meet you all, that would be great! Will keep a check on this and hopefully it will progress to trials and a lot of us may be eligible.

Ellie

StephN
01-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi Ellie -
Member "full of beans" here did make the trek from the UK for one of the Seattle vaccine trials.

You can reach her and find out how she got discounts and found affordable place to stay.

Kiwigirl also came from New Zealand. These are just two people I can think of off the top of my head.

Would love to meet you if you decide to participate in a trial here. They do have some vaccine sites on the east coast, which may be a little more convenient for you.