PDA

View Full Version : Positive Message to be kind to yourself

Catherine
01-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Friends,

I wanted to share some thoughtful words and wisdom from Tricia K. I read her post on another thread and I feel like this message of hope and healing was one that all should have a chance to read. I remember when I was in the middle of chemo one of my best friends kept telling me that I was doing a "good job." Positive messages can be healing and give us the confidence to take the time necessary for ourselves.

Here is the quote from Tricia K. (who is a 26-year BC survivor and who has dealt with a lot of heart issues over the last few years)

"You have to realize that you are working harder right now than you ever have in your life. Healing is hard work. Give your body all the help you can:rest, good food, positive thoughts, even pampering. And don't feel guilty about it!!" It is very good advice for you right now, along with all the rest you have received. I always remind myself that the scriptures say "And it came to pass", not "it came to stay". This too will pass and you will get stronger!

Thank you Tricia K from all of your friends on the site,
Catherine

Becky
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
This is one of the most excellent things I have ever read.

Thank you so much for posting this.

Joan M
01-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Catherine,

Thanks for passing along this wonderful thought.

Joan

Jean
01-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Catherine,
I love to use quotes of the day at the end of my meetings.

Now this one is a worthy take away quote!
Thank you for sharing Tricia's wisdom with us.

jean

Mary L
01-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Wow, that was really inspiring. There is nothing to add to it. Thank you for sharing it with us. Mary L

ElaineM
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
This is important to remember.

Mary Jo
01-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Awesome!!!!

Trish
01-22-2011, 12:36 AM
It was really clear to me as a relative newcomer to this site how important Tricia K is to so many of you. When I read that comment in one of old posts I understood why. Thanks for reminding us.
Trish

nsebesta
01-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I love this!