PDA

View Full Version : I wept tonight...

mmoons
12-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Okay, If you look up sappy, melancholy, New Year’s-sentimental person in the dictionary, there must be a picture of me…

For some reason I went back and read my very first post from early 2009 when I found y’all. And I was overwhelmed – AGAIN – by your loving responses to my post. Courtney, Bill, Steph, Elaine, Woman of Steel…….and so many other sweet new friends.

Then I read the posts from Joe and Vickie H. And my heart was heavy…and so so sad to lose friends that I have never met in person but cared so much about.

Then…..I read Elaine’s post and her wonderful, encouraging success story!!! Thank you again, Elaine.

Let this be the year the cure for breast cancer....ALL cancer...is found!!!!!!

HUGE hugs and Happy New Years to all of you!

Maureen

Jeanette
12-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Nothing wrong with being sappy. I myself have a few sappy moments once in a while. While I don't post often, I always check the site every day. Some day's I am so sad, especially when someone is having a lot of problems, then you here stories like Elaines which just make you feel real good. As midnight strikes tonight I'm sure I will be sappy thinking of those that have passed this year, family and firends that would not know me if they met me on the street.
So Happy New Year to us all and may it be a healthy one.
Jeanette

Elizabeth1227
12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Dear Maureen,

I too have mixed emotions today. I have so many things to be grateful for. Including finding this group to help me on my cancer journey. It helps so much to know we are not alone. I started feeling sorry for myself because I have been separated from my husband and will be alone going into the new year. But when I was praying last night, I realized that I am where I am suppose to be and God is right here with me. Having cancer (two this year) has brought me closer to God and increased my faith to trust Him in everything.

I wish all of you a Happy 2011! Thank all of you for being there.

Elizabeth

Jackie07
12-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Happy New Year!

Delaney
12-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Happy New Year all. Maureen - lovely photo!

tricia keegan
12-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Happy new year Maureen, I was a bit sappy myself earlier as lost my Mum in Sept but life goes on and I know she'd want to know I don't have to worry about cancer anymore!!!!
Here's to the cure in 2011!!!!

Unregistered
12-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Happy New Year,

Mary Jo
12-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Happy New Year

Joanna J
12-31-2010, 08:52 PM
To All of you here;Thanks for being here for me,I have appreciated it very much,All of us coming to know each other through an unwanted diagnosis,I have met some wonderful people here and would like to wish each & everyone a Happy,Healthy New Year!!!

Mary L
01-01-2011, 07:59 AM
To all of the wonderful people on this site who inspire so many people everyday......Thank you so much!!!!! Have a Happy, Healthy new Year! Mary L

ElaineM
01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
You are very welcome. All the best to you in 2011.
What cute kids !!!!!!!!!
Keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Jean
01-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Dear Maureen,
I remember well when you first joined our family.
It is bitter sweet to reflect back on the year and other past years. The loved ones we no longer have with us but remain in our hearts.

I hope and pray that the New Year will bring new information and success for all.

God Bless,
Jean