PDA

View Full Version : I can't help but wonder...

Chelee
12-11-2010, 03:27 AM
I have always had a good "EF" on my ECHO's while on Herceptin. Now it's lower then it's ever been. (60) I know that's not too bad yet...but I've read that Femara can raise cholesterol levels, thus possibly increasing a women's risk of heart attack or stroke. Although it's a low risk.

I just was curious since this time around when I recurred all my ECHO's were great until I was on the Femara for 3 or 4 months? Does anyone think it's possible that Femara might be the cause of my EF being lower this time?

Chelee

Becky
12-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Perhaps but continual Herceptin is probably more the problem. Also, with this go around, you can't be as mobile as you were the first time around (I think) because of the femur. Keep taking your CoQ10 (work up to 400mg per day slowly) and keep the faith. It will be okay!

Chelee
12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Becky,
The femur has been great for a long time now...I've been pretty active. Lots of appts., errands, walking my dogs in the park, and you name it. (RT femur has been causing me pain but I just push thur it.) I will increase the CoQ10 and see if that helps. Thanks Becky.

Chelee