PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio

schoolteacher
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know if any of our sisters from this site will be attending the conferences this week? Is anyone going to post us some of the information?

Amelia

Becky
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Amelia

StephN, Sassy,Laurel, Huchibuk (Brenda), Joan M, Paty, Chrisy, Sheila and Christine are all going. Sadly, I cannot attend this year. You know they will keep us informed.

Also, many of the news is posted so it can be found by "us" (those left behind) and we can put it on the site. I promise I will be posting the latest and greatest.

Stay tuned!!

Midwest Alice
12-06-2010, 06:34 PM
So glad we have them going.Her2support is awesome and we are key to winning this fight. Look forward to the news.

ElaineM
12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Me too !! I am looking forward to news from our members who are going to San Antonio. One of the doctors from the medical group to use went to San Antonio. You met I am going to question him the next time I see him.

StephN
12-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks for asking, Amelia -
The group mentioned in Becky's post will be gathering at our hotel by mid-afternoon tomorrow, Dec.7. We will set up the booth on Wed morning and start attending the presentations that day.

We have presentations and receptions every evening. Joe used to be good at ferreting out snippets of info important to our group. We will miss that!

More to report very soon.

Mel3
12-06-2010, 09:53 PM
How do you find out about these conferences?

Ellie F
12-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Thanks to all going on our behalf. We look forward to hearing about the advances being made in our quest to vanquish this foe!!
I know Joe will be sadly missed this year but I have a sense that he will be there watching over you all.

Take care all
Ellie

KDR
12-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Since I'm pretty new--who was Joe? And like Mel3 asked, how do we find out when these conferences are and in what manner does a group like this participate?

schoolteacher
12-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah. I know all of you are going to miss Joe. I am excited about this meeting. Hopefully, we will have some new treatments.

Amelia

Laurel
12-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Karen & Mel,

I was asked to attend this conference last year by Joe, who was the moderator of the site until his unexpected death in August. Joe and Christine Druther founded Her2Support years ago. Christine is a 20 yr survivor of Her2 B.C. Joe was a wonderful man whom we all respected and miss terribly as he was brilliant, fair, and compassionate.

This is one of the largest conferences on Breast Cancer in the world. Leading researches come to present their newest findings and to share information. All the big player drug companies are here as well. Her2Support has a booth in the vendor area. Those who attend help out manning the booth and slip into the symposiums that interest them most. There are many interesting topics to be presented in the next few days. I will find out from others more verse than I how one goes about attending SABCS.

Now for some girl talk! I meet Sassy (Rhonda) in the airport in Charlotte and we flew to San Antonio together from there. She's great! Smart, down to earth, and very easy to be with. A little bit ago I met Sheila, who has been through so much lately I could not believe she would actually make it, but there she was looking fab in a black outfit and newly dyed hair. She is a lovely woman both physically and inwardly. Then onto Pati, who has a smile to light up the whole lobby! Also, Joan M. is here, too. Rhonda and I did not recognize her because she has gone blond (you heard it here, straight off the press!). She's rockin' that look really well, too!

I am waiting to meet Steph, Brenda, Christine, and Chrissy (think I'm forgetting someone...dratted chemo-brain). Your cub reporter will be back with all the juiciest bits of info. on the conference and its attendees as time permits. Until then please know I wish I could meet all of you to laugh in the face of this terrible disease.

Chelee
12-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Laurel,
Now that both you and Becky has let us all know who's there this yr...we will be expecting DETAILED reports on the spot. lol :) You can all take turns rotating outside to a computer and filling us in as you go. HA! Sounds like a good group there to represent the Her2 forum and bring back any and all exciting news. I know you will all be soaking up alot of information...but don't forget to throw in a little fun inbetween it all! (I know you all will.) :)

I'm jealous...I would of loved to be there. Maybe it's not to late...gotta run...need to catch a plane. ;)

Chelee