PDA

View Full Version : Doc found a mass

LoriE
10-14-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm having a bit of a scare and hope you all can tell me this is nothing to worry about. I've been losing a lot of weight lately and, unfortunately, haven't been dieting. I told my doctor so she poked around and - dang it - found a mass in my abdomen. She stresses that it's mobile. Said it's in the right middle. She sent me for a CT scan and today a flouroscope exam. So - I'm trying really hard to convince myself this is nothing to worry about. Has anyone had this happen to them? What was it? How worried should I be?

Lori
PS - I'm a lurker around here. Love you all.

PinkGirl
10-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi LoriE ... I know it's very scary waiting for answers
and test results. I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed
for you ... keep us posted ... I'm sorry you have to deal
with this.

sassy
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey Lori,

Can't give any information, but want you to know I 'm thinking of you. Take a deep breath and hang in there. Be sure to keep us updated....we're here behind you!

krisvell
10-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi Lori,
I'll pray for you that you will get good news. I'm routing for you.
Kris....

Joanna J
10-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Lori,i am too a worrier,and you need to stay focused,the worry can turn out to be nothing at all,and then......you have worried for nothing,i know it is hard to not be concerned,maybe you can get in touch w/the dr. Or his nurse and tell them that you would like to know asap......i am personally praying for you....big hugs for you.........joanna j

flynny
10-14-2010, 09:31 PM
praying that all the tests show everything is all good!

Jackie07
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Lori,

My experience is that if they had found 'something', they would have called you right away, or schedule an appointment to tell you what it is and how to take care of it. A different lab/scan is usually used to confirm/eliminate the possibility.

I know what's going through your mind. When I was scheduled for an ultrasound after I'd just had an abdominal CT scan, I was 100% sure they had found something. Turned out it was a benign liver hemangioma.

One time I was having irritation/pain in the center of my belly. I was so sure I was getting metastasis. I went to my oncologist and he put me on the exam table and turned me left and right. Then he told me it was 'diastasis recti'. The Yoga class I had attended just two times had done some damage to my belly muscle because I wasn't aware the bc surgery had stretched that area very tight.

Have I learned not to worry? Not really. :) It's not easy. But I hope the 'benign' possibility can ease your mind a little.

tricia keegan
10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I have'nt had this Lorie, but thinking of you and hoping it's nothing serious. ((((hugs))))

karen z
10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Lori,
I haven't had experience with this but wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. karen

Paty
10-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Praying and keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fine with you. Sending good vibes and a big hug.

Paty

LoriE
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
The results are in and........nothing! They found nothing except diverticula. They are large and in an uncommon location so that's what my doctor was feeling. Wow - nothing like hearing the word "mass" to take your mind to all the wrong places. Thanks so much for all of your supportive words. You guys are the best.

Lori

karen z
10-17-2010, 03:50 PM
great news Lori!

Lien
10-17-2010, 11:48 PM
What a relief! Now what are they going to do about the diverticula? Are they infected? It's nice to have a slimming aid, but it needs to stop somewhere.

Hugs

Jacqueline

caya
10-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Big relief!! So happy for you Lori!!

all the best
caya

PinkGirl
10-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Fabulous news LoriE ... YEAH for you ....

krisvell
10-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Lori,
You made my day! Congrats to you.

Kris....