PDA

View Full Version : It's Rosh Hashana - Shana Tova!

caya
09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Happy New Year to all my Her 2 family!! The Jewish New Year starts on Wednesday evening at sunset.

May we all have a healthy and sweet New Year, with blessings bestowed upon everyone.

all the best
caya

Pink- this is the holiday with the apples and honey...

Jackie07
09-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Caya,

I found this link:

http://www.ou.org/pdf/ja/5771/fall71/12-13.pdf

Note: The Jewish calendar date begins at sundown of the night beforehand. Thus all holiday observances begin at sundown on the secular dates listed, with the following day being the first full day of the holiday. Jewish calendar dates conclude at nightfall.

So Andi was born close to the Jewish New Year. She and I possess the same positive attitude (= happy nature) probably because I was born around the Chinese New Year.

Shana Tova!

caya
09-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Thanks Jackie - very interesting link.

Soccermom
09-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Shana Tova to all !
Marcia

ElaineM
09-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Shana Tova - Happy New Year !!
May everyone have a good year ahead.

Andrea Barnett Budin
09-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Wholeness is never lost,
it is only forgotten.

You are more than a body and a mind. You are a Soul.

May you remember what you never knew you knew.

We believe we are conscious and the universe is not.

We’ve conquered outer space yet know little of our inner space.

You’re the Being beyond your thoughts – a sacred radiant Spirit.

May you recall this holy place within yourself.

Connect with your Essence. See, and greet, others as Souls.

A world of wonder awaits within this divine Awareness.

Blossoming is all about opening.

May you flourish in magnificent and expanded ways.

Hoping each day of the new year brings you awakenings.

Andi

This is my New Years card this year. Each year, since I was diagnosed (iow since 1995) I write my own message and have it printed in a card that I send to those I think of often and want to send loving energy. Hoping to touch and inspire them and remind them that even if I don't call (and I don't/not my thing) -- I carry them with me.

I've become spiritually awakened since bc. It has altered my way of seeing the world and each person I encounter. bc was a life-altering experience in some utterly remarkable ways that I feel blessed to have opened to.

I live with an open heart. Full of Love and Gratitude. I thank God every day for my life. I take nothing for granted. Even sight and sound and breath are miraculous gifts.