PDA

View Full Version : News from Adriana

Adriana Mangus
08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well.

1. After going back and forth, first with my medical condition and second with some uneasy feelings I had but couldn't explain, the cruise was cancelled.

It turned out to be a blessing from the sky. My mother was admitted to the hospital Thursday August 12 for a middle stroke, it turned out her left leg had no circulation and it was turning blue. We --brothers and sisters had little time to react to what ensued after her first days in the hospital. The medical internist decided that it was better to have my mother's leg amputated. We struggled with the decision but had no choice nor time but to consent to the procedure. It was either leave it alone, or let the infection take over her entire body--wich it would have been too painful and horrendous for anyone to witnessed. Right after surgery she went into cardiac arrest, and a few hours later she was gone. My mother was buried Friday, August 20th. Please say a prayer for my mother, her name was Fernanda Garcia.

2. Now this. After waiting for about six weeks, Kaiser approved my participation in the TDM1 Trial.
I'm greatful to have finally have been given the ok by the Insurance company. The first cycle will start September 7th. I'm also asking for prayers for me, for the drugs to work in my body and also to get a relief from the harsh chemo drugs I've been receiving from the last seven years.

I know I'm asking too much from you, but under these circumstances, I know you can understand my needs.

I will keep you posted as the trial progresses.

Much love to you,

Adriana

whatz
08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh Adriana,
I hate you have so much on your plate. My heart goes out to you over the loss of your mom. I'm soo glad you "listened to your gut" and did not go on your trip. Yes, of course, I'll keep you in my prayers.
So glad you got in on the trial. At least one ray of sunshine there.

Barbara H.
08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Adriana, my heart goes out to you. You must feel completely overwhelmed. Please know that my thoughts are with you, and I'm so sorry that you lost your mother so suddenly.

I'm thrilled that you have been accepted to start T-DM1. I was on it for two years, and it is truly a miracle drug. If I hadn't developed a side effect I would still be on it

Again, I am thinking of you.

Barbara H.

Yorkiegirl
08-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Adriana I am so sorry to read about Mom's sudden passing. Your family will certainly be in myh prayers.

I'm glad to hear you were approved in the trial. Many good Vibes and prayers will be going out to you as you start the T-DM1 trial.

vlcarr
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Will say a prayer for you and your Mom. So happy you are going to be in the trial.

Becky
08-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Dear Adriana

You know you are never asking too much of us to think and pray for you and your family.

StephN
08-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Dear Adrianna -
With heavy heart I see this news about your mother. I spoke with you just the day before the surgery and you did not seem all that worried. We just never know.

On the other hand. SUCH GREAT NEWS for TDM-1. Something had to give - the dam had to break.

Life is very sweet and sour. All my best coming your way.

Hopeful
08-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Adriana,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Please take comfort in the knowledge that she did not suffer.

I am very happy for you that you got into the TDM1 trial. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Best of luck to you,

Hopeful

Ceesun
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Adriana, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom. My thoughts are with you and yours. My very best wishes as you begin this new trial--success is right around the corner, dear friend. Ceesun

lexigirl
08-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Dear Adriana,

I am very sorry to read that you lost your mom. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

I am happy and hopeful as you begin the new trial. Prayers for all to go well.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

ElaineM
08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I am glad you postponed the cruise, so you could be with her during her illness, surgery and passing.
I am however happy to hear that you have been accepted to the T DM1 trial. I hope it turns out to be your magic bullet.
I think you were meant to wait until your health is better to go on the cruise. Just think how much more you are going to enjoy it when you are in better health.
Take good care of yourself. I have my fingers crossed for your success in the trial.

Paty
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Querida Hermana,

I am sooo sorry to hear you have gone through so much pain. I am sure praying for your mom's rest and for your success with the TDM1 trial, I just wish I could give you a real hug. Please no te sueltes de la mano de Dios, yo sé que con mucha fé, tenemos que superar todos estos malos momentos. Dios te bendiga y te dé entereza para salir adelante amiga. Estoy contigo en pensamiento, cuÃ*date muchoooo. Love,

Paty

Kavy
08-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Adriana,
I am so sorry for your mom's passing. All those problems you had before the cruise were warnings, I am glad you cancelled it and could be with her. Your mom, you and your family are in my prayers.
On the other hand, I am happy you were approved for the trial, I am also thinking about joining it. I will be praying for you that TDM1 will be your miracle drug.
A big hug,
KarlaV.

Jackie07
08-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Adriana,

So sorry about what happened to your Mom. Please concentrate on your trial and know that we are praying for you and your family.

Sheila
08-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Addie
I am so so sorry about your Mom...what a blessing that you listened to your heart and didn't go..you were there for her...the TDM-1 news is also wonderful...prayers have been answered for you...it is sad that our lives are so bittersweet at times...we live with gains and losses each and every day. You are in my prayers that this will be the magic drug for you, and that your Mom is watching over you from above as you begin this new treatment. Much Love!

Delaney
08-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Adriana,
Very sorry for your loss. Will say a prayer for your mother and also a prayer that the TDMI will be the miracle drug for you.

Jean
08-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Dear Adriani,
My heart aches for you. I am so sorry to read about your Mother. Will keep her in prayer and you are never asking too much....on the contrary.

For your good news, starting the TDM1 - I am happy for you. Please keep us posted. Will think of you and say special prayers for you on the 7th that all goes smoothly for you.

Try to take some extra time to rest for yourself.
You have been under so much stress.

Sending you best wishes and many prayers.
Jean

tricia keegan
08-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Adriana I'm so very sorry for your loss and will remember you all in my prayers.

I'm glad you've been approved for the new drugs, who knows, maybe your Mom had a quiet word for you to make this happen:)

Patb
08-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Feelings from the heart, you knew you should stay
and you were there for your mom and now you
are starting the new trial. So sorry to hear about your
mom and my prayers are with you as you start a new
treatment. Keep us posted, we care.
patb

caya
08-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Sorry Adriana on the loss of your mother.

I am so happy that you will be able to enter the TDM1 trials. Hopefully this will be the magic bullet for you.

all the best
caya

ammebarb
08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Sending gentle hugs, prayers for you and your mom.

Barb A.

chrisy
08-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh Adriana, you know you NEVER ask too much of us. We are after all, a family as well - sharing both tears and cheers (but not often in the same post!)

I agree it is a miracle of sorts; whatever voice told you to stay. I stand in awe of it and it reminds me that there are angels surrounding us each and every moment.

So, the angels are carrying both my prayers of comfort for your loss, and my prayers of hope for your new direction with the TDM1.

Much love,
Chris

Emelie B
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Oh my dear- what a time you have had. I am sending prayers and hugs along with many wishes that your life calms down so you can rest and take care of yourself. Positivity coming your way for treatment and better days ahead.
Emelie

Sandra in GA
08-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Adriana,
I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. However, I am sure you were glad you could be with her.

That you have gotten into the TDM1 trial is wonderful news. I am so happy for you and I am sending you bouquets of good wishes!

Sandra

Mary Jo
08-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Prayers and love to you...

Mary Jo

jml
08-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Sending prayers & comfort to you and your family.
What a gift that you were all able to be together for your Mom.

Please keep us posted on your progress with TDM1. I just recently completed the screening and have had my 1st infusion. If you have any questions about the process, please don't hesitate to call on me.
May screening go smoothly and may TDM1 do it's job for you!

God bless~

Jessica

Catherine
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Dear Adriana,

I am sorry to hear that you lost your mom. How wonderful that you could be there to help comfort her and make those tough decisions with your family. Now we will pray for you and for the treatment that starts in September. And I hope soon that you will be able to reschedule your cruise.

Thinking of you,
Catherine

mmoons
08-27-2010, 05:56 AM
Praying for you is my priveldge....not too much to ask. What a terrible loss you have experienced. I am sorry. I am so glad, like the others said, that you were with your mom. Being away on a cruise would have been frightening.

Feel prayers coming your way.

Love,
Maureen

krisvell
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Adriana;
I am very sorry to hear about your moms passing.

I'm glad that you got some good news and was accepted into the TDM-1 trail. You're in my prayers and I greatly hope you get to NED very soon.
Hugs and prayers;

Kris.

Joan M
08-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Adriana,

You are very much in my prayers both for the loss of your mom and also for good results from the T-DM1 trial.

I'm thankful that you were able to get into the trial.

Joan