PDA

View Full Version : News! Pet-scan results,some good/bad

Adriana Mangus
08-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share the recent news with you all.

Just had a conversation with my oncologist. Latest Pet-Scan shows cancer is now present in 4th rib., will get radiation in a few weeks.

For now, I have a green light to go on my long awaited vacation to the East Coast.

I appreciate any information from anyone who's been dx with this. I'm not sure how long the radiation will last.

Thank you.

Adriana.

Becky
08-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I am not sure how long radiation lasts but it does work.

I was wondering what kind of chemo you had initially when you were first diagnosed?

Have fun coming out here! It is surely an East Coast summer with heat and humidity - whew! What will you be doing?

Adriana Mangus
08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi Becky,

Thanks for your response.

My daughter and I are doing the New England/Canada cruise out of Brooklyn, which includes; Newport Rhode Island, Boston, Bar Harbor, Saint John, NB-Canada, and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I have a friend--a transplant from Connecticut and has filled me in on the East Coast and the humidity during summer time.

San Diego is too cold- it hasn't been this cold since 1933!!

Regardless of it all, I'm prepared to having a good time with my daughter.

I will begin radiation upon my return. After radiation, I will be going up to the Beaver Medical Center in Highlands, California for a consult.

Joan M
08-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Adriana,

The radiation should help eradicate the cancer in the rib. It's good that you caught the recurrence early.

Joan

Sandra in GA
08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Your vacation sounds wonderful. I know you will have fun. It would be wonderful to be cold for a few days. It is always hot and humid in south Georgia in the summer, but this year has been especially tough!

Praying the radiation will do the trick for you.

Sandra

ElaineM
08-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Good luck with the radiation. Enjoy the cruise. It should be very nice.

tricia keegan
08-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Adriana, my friend had rads which lasted for ten days for a rib met, it was very succesful and I hope yours will be too.

Have a wonderful trip!

chrisy
08-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Adriana, sounds like the radiation will do the trick based on the responses. Whack a mole.

Also sounds like a great vacation - I know what you mean about the cold weather - it's been like that up here on the central coast, too. Cold and very foggy - I feel like I'm in Seattle (which if true, would at least be good because I could hang with StephN and watch her drink good wine!)

Enjoy your trip!

Ceesun
08-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Bon Voyage! Have fun and relax! Was that the chest mass you spoke of a few weeks ago? Ceesun