PDA

View Full Version : tykerb and herceptin only

Ceesun
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Saw my onc today for a results of test meeting and I also thanked him for making my recent trip a reality for me! My lung met is unchanged from the last check in March. He seemed pleased and said that I would stay on the tykerb/herceptin only for now. I wondered if that was enough because it had not shrunk but he said that it was a good report..he is watching a small couple millimeter something on the right but did not seem concerned or worried. I guess it was there before but he did not mention it--not sure if it is cancer related...also told me about gallstones, kidney cysts all those things that show up on scans. Is anyone besides Barb and Brenda on just these two drugs? Thanks Ceesun

hutchibk
07-29-2010, 03:17 PM
I was on Tykerb/Herceptin only for 8 months and did well, nice and stable. Then last June we decided to add anti-hormonals to the mix, so I started taking Aromasin again after one small spot showed up in brain over a year ago, and then the infindibulum/pituitary spot showed up last Sept, which we radiated and eradicated. When the small adrenal spot showed up this past April, we switched to Tamoxifen, which has been a very efficient small measure change that has gained us lots of stability and ground. MRI yesterday shows nothing new and the adrenal spot is smaller than in April, and CA15.3TMs have dropped and dropped.

CourtneyL
07-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I had a nice run on Tykerb/Herceptin from January 09- April 09. We added Xeloda to the mix when I got a new brain met. Glad this combo seems to be working for you Ceesun!