PDA

View Full Version : good scan results "down under"

jhandley
06-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Hi everyone
I had a relapse 8 weeks ago after 8 months off herceptin (after 4 years on it and in remission all that time).
I then had 3 x 3 weekly abraxane and herceptin treatments and had a CT scan today. The numerous small tumours in the liver have disappeared or are "barely perceptible" and the pleural effusion is greatly reduced (actually didnt even show on a chest x ray 3 weeks ago).

I am seeing the oncologist next Wed and probably will have one or two more abraxane tx before just staying on herceptin. I am so relieved!

Jackie (down under)

Lori R
06-24-2010, 04:53 AM
Jackie,
This is fantasic news!!! Herceptin must be the magic ticket for you, glad it was part of the picture to keep those evil cancer cells in line.

What did you think of Abraxane? Did you find it tolerable? I found it much easier than taxotere and would choose/recommend it to anyone on the site that asks. Just curious what you thought.

Thank you for keeping us updated from down under.

Lori

caya
06-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Great News Jackie - Vitamin H does it again!!

all the best
caya

StephN
06-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Jackie -
Am very relieved to know your good news.
Thanks for that and thank goodness your body continues to work well with Herceptin.

Heard that vit H and Abraxane have good synergy and it sure has in your case. One more affirmation.

Hope this regimen has not been too hard on you in general, just kicking the cancer butt.

Gerri
06-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Great news Jackie! I am so happy you had such an immediate response!

Jackie07
06-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Jackie,

So happy to hear the wonderful news! Those cancer cells ran away fast, didn't they? Wish you continued NED.

jhandley
06-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi Lori
I find abraxane much more tolerable than taxotere, although I have learnt a few tricks since 2001.
Cheers
Jackie

StephN
06-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey, Jackie -
Care to share those "tricks" for the benefit of others?

Pam P
06-25-2010, 04:09 AM
Great news - such good results in a short time that's wonderful. Go abraxane! Go Jackie!

jhandley
06-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Hi Steph
Most of these tricks you know. For a 3 week cycle of abraxane and herceptin I take curcumin with black pepper a few days before plus the usual Q10 and fish and flaxseed oil. I stop everything on the day of treatment and then start Q10, fish oil,Vit B and sometimes magnesium 2 days later. Day 3 to 6 I take one tramadol at night for aches and pains and then add Immune support (contains reishi and astralagus) to up the WBC for a few days after, alternating with olive leaf extract. if I double the Q10 I have fewer side effects but have more troube sleeping. I sometimes take 0.3 mg melatonin 1 hour before bed if this is the case. There was article re. melatonin and peripheral neuropathy so that is OK. I did take L glutamine for a few days during the second cycle as the peripheral neuropathy was worse but it seems to have settled this cycle.
I was trying to fix up adrenal fatigue and thyroid function when I was off herceptin but these are probably stuffed again now so I will add something for these soon.

Cheers
Jackie (down under)

krisvell
06-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Jackie, What great news.. I am happy for you. Forever NED.

Kris.....

Jean
06-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Jackie,
YAHOO...
That is wonderful news!!!!

Continued NED for you - gal down under!
My neighbor left this morning for your terrority for a month long vacation.

Sending hugs,
Jean

tricia keegan
06-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Delighted to share your wonderful news Jackie:)

Julie2
06-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Jackie,

Congratulations for a good scan. I have a question regarding your suppliments.
Do you take Curcumin while you are on chemo? Which day of the week you take it? or you take it all the days? I am just hesitating to take it while on chemo (Navelbine).

Thanks,
Julie

jhandley
07-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi Julie
The research I have done says it is best to take it before the chemo.
Cheers

Ellie F
07-02-2010, 03:15 AM
So pleased to hear your good news. Soon the chemo will be finished and back to herceptin and 'normality' of a kind again.

Sending lots of positive thoughts
Ellie