PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

TriciaK
05-14-2010, 12:49 PM
I want to say "thank you" to all who read and replied to my recent post "TriciaK checking in". Each reply touched my heart like an unexpected phone call from a dear understanding friend. I don't post very often anymore because maybe I guess I am feeling "survivor's guilt"---I think that at age 80 I am probably the oldest cancer survivor on this board. But then you remind me that perhaps my posts can give hope to others, just as I received hope from so many other posts in the past years since I found this wonderful Her2 board. I am so grateful to Christine and Joe for providing it for us. I got through the first twenty years of fighting cancer without it, and I can tell you it has meant a lot to me in the past 5 years while fighting my 3rd cancer,her2.
It is almost funny that now other ailments absorb as much or more of my time and energy as cancer: coronary artery disease, fibromyalgia/arthritis, scoliosis of the spine, gastrointestinal problems (recently had gallbladder surgery), and now I've been diagnosed with asthma! (Someone once said that as you grow older you can count on any new pain or symptom staying on forever! My 95-yr old father-in-law often said "old age ain't for sissies". He's the one who, when asked if he was going to an old friend's funeral said "Why should I? He ain't going to go to mine!")
I now use a walker fulltime---but I have a racy little red fold up 3-wheeler so streamlined that people stop me to ask where I got it. ( It used to have a label on it from the NOVA company, but I took it off when I realized "no va" means " won't go" in Spanish!)
I've come a long way from the days when I went dancing 4 nights a week and had a full-time psychological practice with my husband. This August we are planning a 2-week Hawaii cruise with our oldest son and daughter-in-law. They are so much fun to be with. (They're just kids, only 55 and 60!)
I have decided I want to live until 2020---it's only 10 more years, and that date would look so neat on my tombstone. When people say "It's good to see you" I often reply "It's better to be seen than viewed."
I will try to post more often. You are all so special to me. I do love you, and send hugs and prayers to each one of you! Tricia

Jean
05-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh Tricia,
You really had me chuckling - I love your sense of humor. I have a feeling you will keep the KIDS busy on
the crusie and leave them behind exhausted.

I am happy you have decided not to stay away from us too long. We all enjoy your strong gentle wisdom.
I also think 10 yrs. will be an easy feat for you, one which you will easily pass to go further.

God Bless,
jean

nitewind
05-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Tricia, I just love you to pieces! I've been very bad about posting lately, but I always try to check in and see that everyone is okay.
You are such a lovely lady and I'm honored that we share our birthdays. Love reading anything that you post. I'll try to post a little more often.

Catherine
05-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Tricia,

I loved your post. I do not check in a lot anymore, even though I consider this my home-away-from-home. This site is my reality check. You are all my very best friends. You are a doll and an inspiration. I hope to reach 80 and hope to skip a few funerals along the way. Aloha and have a wonderful cruise with your family. Thanks for your humor and your wisdom/

Aloha, Catherine
PS Harricarrie should meet your ship when in docks in the big island.

Sheila
05-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Tricia
Reading your posts is so enlightening....I kind of picture you with a hot pink walker, maybe with some bright designs...flames maybe painted down the sides...
You are such an inspiration....love your spirit, it is contagious....I agree with your Dad, old age isnt for sissies...seems like more body parts hurt that we feel we should have.....
You are a huge part of all of us, please continue to bring us your wisdom....and by the way, I think you will hit 100 easily!

tricia keegan
05-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Tricia ,

You are definatly NO sissie lol....I love your outlook on life and sense of humour and so look forward to your posts as I know many do.
Never doubt for a moment you're not an inspiration here to us, please try to post more often and know you have a fan in me lol...

Tricia xx

Carol.hope
05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Tricia,
You are a great inspiration! Thank you for posting. I have a friend who is 82, and she remembers everything, goes to every event, and is wonderful. She has been a square dancer since she was a teenage, so I'm thinking you guys have something there. Dancing requires coordinating the mind and the body, and gives you good exercise and fun! All this sounds like a good way to be healthy and live a long, enjoyable life.

Thanks for being a great role model. Aloha! - Carol

NanceD
05-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Tricia,
I'm fairly new here but your post had my husband and me laughing out loud. What a great spirit. At 52 I'm thrilled someone might consider me a kid! Humor is the best medicine. May we all have your great spirit. Enjoy your trip!!
Nance

ElaineM
05-16-2010, 12:05 PM
I am so glad you are able to go on the cruise with your family. Enjoy it to the max !!!!!!!
We are so happy when you drop by her2support.org for a visit. Please come often.