PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Carol, on year on:(

tricia keegan
05-13-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't know if anyone will recall her posting but we were put in touch through this site and thanks to Chrissy who mailed me that Carol needed help, she could'nt get herceptin in Scotland and was already stage iv so wanted to move to her husband's home in Ireland.

I was glad to help and we became firm friends and I visited her in hospital and kept in touch throughout the next two years until she sadly passed.
Carol was the bravest lady I ever met and taught me so much, this disease stole so many years of life from her and her two young children.

I'm remembering her with fondness this week as her first Anniversary comes up and am very thankful to have have know this special lady and made a differnce to her and her family's life...albeit for a short time.

Carol was buried under a tree overlooking a lake deep in the countryside, her house over looked the cemetary.
I was glad to meet her husband and children who surprised me by knowing exactly who I was and said " You're Tricia from her2" !!!! :)

I just wanted to take a moment to share a special memory and remind everyone just what a special site this is...it really can change lives and did for Carol:)

Here's Carols story for anyone interested
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23076

Tricia x

jml
05-13-2010, 04:18 PM
What lovely memorial in honor of Carol.

Thanks for sharing that with us Tricia.

Jackie07
05-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Tricia,

Thank you so much. Carol will be missed.

krisvell
05-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Tricia,
What a beautiful story which touched my heart. You and Carol were given the gift of friendship. Thank you for sharing about Carol.
Kris...

lkc Gumby
05-13-2010, 05:45 PM
thank you Tricia. Carol was certainly a beautiful person, and you a good friend.

Jean
05-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Tricia,
Yes, I remember Carol - how thoughtful of you and kind.
You are such a loving lady.
I will certainly say a prayer in her memory.

PinkGirl
05-14-2010, 07:57 AM
I remember Carol too. You were both very lucky to meet and
develop a strong friendship. There are some good things that come
from this crappy disease.

Sheila
05-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Tricia
I remember Carol...she was a true blessing you received from this disease.....I always say that through all the bad things, this disease has brought me hope, love and strength through the paths i've crossed along this journey

tricia keegan
05-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Thank you everyone, I posted this last night and thought I'd lost it to cyber space so went to bed and just saw that it did go though okay:)

I just felt the need to give her a mention here, we've lost many on the site far too soon and I think it's fitting to give a mention around an Anniversary time, especially when without this site we would never have met.

I was humbled to help someone in Carols situation as could imagine needing that help myself and could relate to how she felt as stage iv.
She taught me a lot unintentionly and will always have a special place in my heart and it was my privelidge to know her albeit for a short time. xx

schoolteacher
05-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Tricia,

Thanks for the post.

Amelia

janieR
05-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Tricia,

Just to say what a lovely person you are, such a nice tribute for Carol.

Janie

TriciaK
05-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Dear Tricia, I was so touched by your post about Carol, and read all the posts you referenced. What a beautiful person she must have been, and what a very loving person you are to have helped and befriended her. I have a special place in my heart for you, and not just because you are a namesake! I have a great great grandmother who I've been told came from Ireland, and I've always wanted to go there. I don't know exactly where she was from but hope someday to find out. I have some wonderful stories about what an incredible woman she was and I hope I have inherited some of her strength and determination. Whenever I think of Ireland now I think "I have a friend there who is also named Tricia K." , and I always watch for your posts. Thank you for your tender remembrance of your friend Carol! Hugs, TriciaK

tricia keegan
05-15-2010, 04:57 PM
JanieR, thank you so very much for your kind words, this post was to have been about Carol rather my own intervention into her life but I very much appreciate the thought:)

Tricia K, more than a namesake and I so look forward to your posts too:)
something should have told me you were part Irish with that fighting spirit you display, which I'm sure has bc running for the door and scared to come near you again!!!!
I hope you get to visit soon and am sure you'd enjoy our country, our histories are linked with so many Irish people fleeing to your country way back and were made welcome and given the chance and opportunity to make a life. It's a similar story here now, in that the Irish in general welcome any new race or visitor's here, especially the American people who helped us in the past.
I really hope I get to meet you one day here and show you around our capital city of Dublin. I think you'd like it, and thank you for your thoughtful words to me about Carol:) xx

Tricia

P.S...Your surname is not Keegan by any chance ??:)