PDA

View Full Version : Lebed method for lymphoedema

Ellie F
04-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi all
I have just been assessed to have mild lymphoedema (11.4%) in my right arm.My physio has ordered me a light compression sleeve to wear at home in the hope that this will be enough to manage it.
She is currently training in the Lebed method and has invited me to join a group. Wondered if anyone has any experiences , either positive or negative, of using this method.
Many thanks for any info.

Ellie

tricia keegan
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I have no knowledge of this Ellie, but wanted to say I'm sorry you've developed this condition although thankfully mild.
I met at seven year survivor at my cancer wellness centre who had also just developed it, a sharp reminder to be constantly aware we're always at risk of this.

Pam P
04-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not familiar with this method. But I have lymphedema and would be interest to know if there's more effective treatments out there. Please let us know what you learn.

Ellie F
04-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Thanks, will certainly let you know.Didn't realise there were so many compression garments on the market. She is going to order me a new one just become available so am hoping it will work.
Ellie