PDA

View Full Version : WestCoastGirl, where are you?

whatz
04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
WestCoastGirl,
Haven't seen your post in a while. Last time you were concerned about a rash and recurrence. How are you faring?

Shobha
04-08-2010, 05:20 PM
yes. I am wondering about her too. Hopefully the rash was just a rash and it is resolved now.

Westcoastgirl
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
I come here often to read the current research and see how all of you are doing but don't always post. From time to time I see that you ask about people that have not been here for a bit and think how lovely you all are for caring so much. Imagine my surprise when I saw Westcoastgirl, where are you? I am delighted to be here and saying all is well. The rash I asked about persists to this day but has reduced itself to a small area that appears to have turned from hives into eczema and the cream they finally gave me seems to be working so all is well with that. When the rash did not get bigger I realized it was not a recurrence, just a pesky rash but your input helped me in dealing with it. April 19 I will have my last Herceptin and then April 30 I will have my portacath removed. I am looking forward to that so that I can exercise without restrictions. Then I just continue on with Femera and Zometa. I know that many of us get to where we have "finished" the big treatments and it is what feels once again like a starting point. I try very hard not to let my mind go to recurrence but I know it will probably be a thought I entertain from time to time for the rest of my life, let's hope it is just a thought. I am going to give myself a break and will consider small implants in November, not sure if it will be done yet but considering. So thank you for your concern, makes me feel good. Carolyn

schoolteacher
04-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear from you Carolyn. I know you are excited about not having to take any more medicine.

Amelia

ElaineM
04-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I am glad you are doing well. I will tell you a little secret. I don't always log on either. I read posts and news, but I only log on when I have something to add, say or type, so you are not alone.
Oh well. My secret is out. Smile.
Take care.

ammebarb
04-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Carolyn, I'm so glad your rash is just a rash! It was good to hear that you are doing well. My dear sis is down to just Herceptin now and it is good for me to read of others who are a little farther along the treatment path. Wishing you well with your last Herceptin and removal of your port.

Barb A.

naturaleigh
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Carolyn,

I too had a rash on my torso, hands and legs and went to the dermatolgist with the though of reccurance. He told me what I had was eczema. He also told me to put 1/2 cup of clorox in my bath water twice a week for two weeks and it should clear the rash. He said there has been studies showing babies with eczema taking a clorox bath and the results have been wonderful. I did it and it worked!! Just something else to try, because it might work for you too!!

So glad to hear from you

Shobha
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
So happy to hear from you, Carolyn. Great to know the rash issue is almost gone.

Anita - Thanks for the clorox idea. My son used to have eczema as a baby and the heavy steroid creams was all that the doctors could suggest. This seems more natural.

-shobha