PDA

View Full Version : Not important: Still losing lots of (thin)hair

fullofbeans
03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi ladies,

Compared to the other posts this one is rather light but still hopefully someone can help/recomend.

My hair are still rubbish ever since the chemo (3.5y ago).

Yes I have some so it could be worse but still, I still loose lots whilst brushing every day, they are thin and really lack of shine basically they look like those of an much older lady (no disrespect).

I just wonder if damage to follicule can be reversed?

Can anyone recomend vitamins or hair product to help?

Laurel
03-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I heard Biotin helps hair and nails. I am trying it at present, but it has only been a week. My nails are toast, brittle & pathetic. My hair isn't much better, but at least I have hair. I'll let you know how I fair with it.

Yorkiegirl
03-24-2010, 07:42 PM
I started using Biotin after I finished Chemo over 4 years ago, and I must say for me it really did help. My hair is so much thicker that what it was before I got Cancer. However my finger nails grow like crazy and I have to trim them about every 3 weeks.

fullofbeans
03-27-2010, 04:39 AM
Thank you, Vicki that sounds good and encouraging although if it is better than before it may be that you may have been defficient in biotin before in which case it is helping more than just your hair.

Laurel let me know how it goes for you since you are not using it since chemo it it may be easier to see if it makes a difference.

Best wishes

StephN
03-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi -
Some members here in the past thought that taking extra Flax Oil was good for their hair.

I have used Nioxin hair products for years and they have a full line for various types of hair plus thinning hair.

At my supplements store these is a section of items especially for boosting health of hair, skin and nails. I took one of those with Chinese herbs for hair - two bottles worth - and I seemed to get better growth, which has been about the same since then, even though I was on Herceptin for so many years.

Hope some of these ideas will help!