PDA

View Full Version : Wishing you all a very Happy St Paddys Day!!!

tricia keegan
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm getting in early with this greeting as the only person on the board (as far as I know) actually living in Ireland:)

I hope you all have a great day and get to do something Irish, whether its drinking some green beer, attending a parade or dancing a jig lol..

We have some friends coming over for drinks tomorrow evening which will probably end up as a "hooley" by the end of the evening as they're a noisy bunch who enjoy some ceol agus craic, which for those that don't know means song and dance!

I hope all the amazing member's here on her2 who have shown me great support over the past four and a half years have a wonderful and fun day!!!

((((hugs)))

Tricia xx

schoolteacher
03-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Tricia,

Hope you have a great St. Patrick's day.

Amelia

Becky
03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Have a great day. We are having our corned beef and cabbage tonight because my husband is traveling tomorrow and doesn't want to miss out. Therefore... one of my daughters and I might go to Mitchell's tomorrow - an Irish pub in our town (if we can even get in).

Have a great day and don't forget to wear green!

Jeanette
03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Even though I am scottish , my husband is of Irish descent , so it will be corned beef and cabbage at our house. Have a great day, Jeanette aka notamrnpsn

krisvell
03-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Tricia;
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. This is a big day for my family. Even though we are part Irish, my husband LOVES Irish. We went to Ireland on our honeymoon (25yrs ago) and for the last 28 years, we've had a St. Patrick's Day party. Menu is -- Lamb Stew and Guinness Beef. I probably got a little carried away with too much detail. Have a great day tomorrow.
May the road rise to meet. May the wind be always at your back.
Kris...

PinkGirl
03-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks Tricia ... Tomorrow is the only day of the year that I'm Irish but
it sure is fun!!! I'm planning to wear my green tinsil wig to the nursing home.
I used to really party it up when Mick still lived in Canada .... say Hi to him if
you happen to see him tomorrow ... he'll be the guy named Mick wearing something green ...

Hope you have a great day tomorrow!!! HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY !!!

Bill
03-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Mrs. Keegan, and all others that celebrate this one! I've never had a green beer, but the corned beef and cabbage sounds good to me. And as one of Scottish descent can tell you- if you can eat real haggas, and like it, like I do, a green beer or many is a piece of cake. (Hi Jeanette! maybe you can send me your recipe for haggas sometime. I've never made it myself, but I've been wanting to try. I can provide the "sauce" for it myself)

tricia keegan
03-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Lol, thanks for your replies folks!!

Bill, we dont "do" haggis in Ireland so I'm no help I'm afraid...my son moved to Scotland with his job and said they deep fry Mars chocolate bars in the chip shops there lol..(ugh!~)!! Each to their own:)

Tricia xx

Ladies, the corned beef and cabbage sounds great though!!

Laurel
03-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Oh deep frying! They deep fry EVERYTHING at the Iowa State Fair, even butter!

I will grab a beer to honor the dear saint tomorrow, Tricia. Wishing you a boisterous holiday!

Joe
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
We are proud of our own Dr. Marty Murphy who serves on our board of Directors.

Doctor Martin J. Murphy Jr. (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/almac-expands-to-take-lead-in-cancer-research-14420674.html)

Regards
Joe

Paty
03-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day to you all!! Have fun tomorrow!

ElaineM
03-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone !!!!!!!!!

caya
03-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Faith and begora, kiss the Blarney stone for me darlin'!!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

al the best
caya

StephN
03-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Those in Chicago can sip their Guiness down at the river that flows through downtown running GREEN. Interesting story on how that got started. Has to do with the plumbers local and tracing a source of pollution.
Became a tradition!

Guess Tricia doesn't have to worry about disturbing the neighbors, since the whole world celebrates the patron saint! Have great time.

WolverineFan
03-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks Tricia!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!